Senior Software Engineer, Reporting - Remote at CaptivateIQ
About the role
At CaptivateIQ, we align companies and teams together through the power of incentives. We reward hard work, and those rewards are not dependent on antiquated software or manual processes. That’s why we’ve created a scalable, flexible no-code solution enabling revenue operation teams to model, automate, and optimize performance incentives thus transforming the world of incentive compensation.
We believe that our employees deserve transparency in their success and that they, just like commission plans, should not be forced to fit into molds or templates. Our growing team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences, creating an open and inclusive organization. In 2020, CaptivateIQ grew our team by 275% -- from 20 to 75 employees -- and increased our female workforce as a share of our total company by 350%.
Behind every great software company is the team building it. We are an engineering team of multicultural, highly collaborative, fully distributed, humble learners. We pride ourselves on building best-in-class products powered by innovative technologies.
- Design, build, optimize, and maintain CaptivateIQ's reporting, analytics, and data visualizations platform
- Participate in the product development process from start to finish, from scoping projects to measuring their success and iterating based on feedback
- Maintain high engineering and security standards, and continuously improve our codebases and processes
- Work with engineers across the company to develop and iterate at scale
- 6+ years experience in a software engineering role
- Strong computer science fundamentals (data structures/algorithms)
- Experience building and scaling web applications and data-intensive applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interest in taking responsibility and ownership over core product areas
- Organized and a driven self-starter with a growth mindset
- Proficiency using Python and Django
- Sharp attention to detail, and a user-centric focus
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience building distributed systems, databases, or data processing frameworks
- Experience integrating and utilizing BI tools or analytics platforms
- Familiarity with Docker or other containerization software
- Experience with multi-tenant and single-tenant architectures
- Strong DevOps experience
- (US-ONLY) 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Unlimited vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- $1,000 to explore your dream destination on your work anniversary
- $500 annual professional development stipend to continue growing and learning
- $500 home office stipend to decorate your home office
- $1,000 caretaker stipend to make sure our parent colleagues are being supported
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- (US-ONLY) 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest hardware and tools for the job
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent.
Why you should join CaptivateIQ
CaptivateIQ is a software as a service that helps you set, optimize, calculate, and payout sales commissions for your sales people. Over 80% of businesses use spreadsheets to calculate commissions, leading them to compensate teams inaccurately, late, and without proper reporting. We are helping companies reduce costly payout errors and providing access to the most innovative compensation strategies.
The team started working together in November 2017, launched in February 2018, and today have customers including Gusto, Heap Analytics, Iterable, and many more. Our team led commissions at successful companies, including Gusto and BrightRoll and worked at leading companies including Amazon, OpenTable, McKinsey & Company and Carrick Capital. CaptivateIQ is backed by Y-Combinator, Foundation Capital, s28 Capital, and notable enterprise Angels.