Business Development Representative - Remote at CaptivateIQ
About the role
At CaptivateIQ, we align companies and teams together through the power of incentives. We reward hard work, and those rewards are not dependent on antiquated software or manual processes. That’s why we’ve created a scalable, flexible no-code solution enabling revenue operation teams to model, automate, and optimize performance incentives thus transforming the world of incentive compensation.
We believe that our employees deserve transparency in their success and that they, just like commission plans, should not be forced to fit into molds or templates. Our growing team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences, creating an open and inclusive organization. In 2020, CaptivateIQ grew our team by 275% -- from 20 to 75 employees -- and increased our female workforce as a share of our total company by 350%.
As a Business Development Representative, you will be driving 70% of the CaptivateIQ's revenue growth. In order to be successful you will be sourcing qualified sales leads and educating potential clients on CaptivateIQ’s value propositions, working closely and strategically with the Account Executive team to grow our client base. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, hard-working, and an “Outside the Box'' thinker who enjoys finding new and creative ways to get in front of decision-makers.
Whether you’re a fresh college graduate or seasoned salesperson, you’ll learn new skills and have career development opportunities while being a vital part of our sales organization.
- Interact with prospects and key stakeholders ranging from Directors to C-Suite and bring them to initial demo calls
- Clearly articulate our value proposition and differentiators through cold calling, personalized emailing and LinkedIn prospecting
- Generate qualified pipeline and prospect creatively to break into target accounts
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of our prospective customers' specific pain points and how they are addressed by the CaptivateIQ platform
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong, effective presentation and communication skills in person, via email, and on the phone
- Team player and willing to work with others
- Proven track record of sales success
- Previous ADR, BDR, SDR experience is a big plus
- Past experience in relevant or adjacent market
- Past experience working with Finance, Accounting, or Sales Operations
- Knowledge of Excel or Sales Compensation tools
- Knowledge of sales tools such as Salesforce, Outreach, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Unlimited vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- $1,000 to explore your dream destination on your work anniversary
- $500 annual professional development stipend to continue growing and learning
- $500 home office stipend to decorate your home office
- $1,000 caretaker stipend to make sure our parent colleagues are being supported
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest hardware and tools for the job
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent.
Why you should join CaptivateIQ
CaptivateIQ is a software as a service that helps you set, optimize, calculate, and payout sales commissions for your sales people. Over 80% of businesses use spreadsheets to calculate commissions, leading them to compensate teams inaccurately, late, and without proper reporting. We are helping companies reduce costly payout errors and providing access to the most innovative compensation strategies.
The team started working together in November 2017, launched in February 2018, and today have customers including Gusto, Heap Analytics, Iterable, and many more. Our team led commissions at successful companies, including Gusto and BrightRoll and worked at leading companies including Amazon, OpenTable, McKinsey & Company and Carrick Capital. CaptivateIQ is backed by Y-Combinator, Foundation Capital, s28 Capital, and notable enterprise Angels.