Design Manager - Remote at CaptivateIQ
About the role
At CaptivateIQ, we align companies and teams together through the power of incentives. We reward hard work, and those rewards are not dependent on antiquated software or manual processes. That’s why we’ve created a scalable, flexible no-code solution enabling revenue operation teams to model, automate, and optimize performance incentives thus transforming the world of incentive compensation.
We believe that our employees deserve transparency in their success and that they, just like commission plans, should not be forced to fit into molds or templates. Our growing team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences, creating an open and inclusive organization. In 2020, CaptivateIQ grew our team by 275% -- from 20 to 75 employees -- and increased our female workforce as a share of our total company by 350%.
In this role, you'll be a foundational member of the product and engineering leadership team and build, coach, and mentor a quickly growing and highly skilled product designer group. You’ll help define the strategy, operations, and communications that guide our broader team to build the best possible product.
- Build and manage a talented, diverse, inclusive team of product designers that consistently deliver on projects and is well-balanced across a range of design disciplines
- Oversee team performance, resource allocation, project prioritization
- Build a culture of design excellence
- Partner with our Product Management, Engineering, Comms, Marketing, and senior leadership to develop the best ways to collaborate and deliver our best work
- Contribute to strategic decisions around the future direction of CaptivateIQ products
- Effectively communicate product design goals (both within the team and outside the group) and connect related projects across the company to resolve problems or joint decisions quickly.
- Lead by example and embrace opportunities to drive projects as a player and coach
- Define, craft, and evolve design standards embodied by best-in-class applications
- Think holistically about complex systems, customers, and understand business goals to create compelling and emotional user experiences
- 5+ years of experience delivering products with high complexity from concept stages to launch
- 3+ years of experience building, managing, and mentoring a team of product designers
- 4+ years of design experience, encompassing interaction design and visual design with proficiency designing across platforms
- 4+ years of experience working cross-functionally with groups such as product management, engineering, design, and customer-facing teams
- A diverse set of experiences defining product direction, goal setting, and planning
- Strong written and verbal communication to represent work to a broader product team and other leaders, clearly and succinctly articulating the goals and concepts
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Unlimited vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- $1,000 to explore your dream destination on your work anniversary
- $500 annual professional development stipend to continue growing and learning
- $500 home office stipend to decorate your home office
- $1,000 caretaker stipend to make sure our parent colleagues are being supported
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest hardware and tools for the job
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent.
Why you should join CaptivateIQ
CaptivateIQ is a software as a service that helps you set, optimize, calculate, and payout sales commissions for your sales people. Over 80% of businesses use spreadsheets to calculate commissions, leading them to compensate teams inaccurately, late, and without proper reporting. We are helping companies reduce costly payout errors and providing access to the most innovative compensation strategies.
The team started working together in November 2017, launched in February 2018, and today have customers including Gusto, Heap Analytics, Iterable, and many more. Our team led commissions at successful companies, including Gusto and BrightRoll and worked at leading companies including Amazon, OpenTable, McKinsey & Company and Carrick Capital. CaptivateIQ is backed by Y-Combinator, Foundation Capital, s28 Capital, and notable enterprise Angels.