Product Solutions Consultant, Commissions Accounting - Remote at CaptivateIQ
About the role
At CaptivateIQ, we align companies and teams together through the power of incentives. We reward hard work, and those rewards are not dependent on antiquated software or manual processes. That’s why we’ve created a scalable, flexible no-code solution enabling revenue operation teams to model, automate, and optimize performance incentives thus transforming the world of incentive compensation.
We believe that our employees deserve transparency in their success and that they, just like commission plans, should not be forced to fit into molds or templates. Our growing team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences, creating an open and inclusive organization. In 2020, CaptivateIQ grew our team by 275% -- from 20 to 75 employees -- and increased our female workforce as a share of our total company by 350%.
We are searching for a passionate new team member to join our Customer Experience team as a Product Solutions Consultant. Our Product Solutions team provides implementation support, training, and other professional services to our customers, ensuring that our customers derive optimal benefit from CaptivateIQ.
One of the ways that we help our customers to manage their commission needs is with reporting, especially accounting for sales commission deferrals and expenses under ASC 340 / 606. We’re looking for someone who wants to take their accounting background and help our customers optimize CaptivateIQ for their accounting needs. Rather than closing the books, you’ll help to implement our cloud software and work with customers in a way that uses your accounting knowledge.
- Work closely with customers and other members of the Product Solutions team to deliver best-in-class professional services to our customers.
- Understand customer plan requirements and design system configurations maximizing modeling efficiency and repeatability
- Configure and test implementations based on customers’ unique needs
- Train and consult customers on how to become experts with our platform
- Respond to customer’s technical support queries by researching and investigating current configurations and modeling solutions
- Help to grow and improve a product knowledge base that anticipates and addresses customers' questions about using our platform
- 2+ years work experience, preferably in B2B SaaS
- Understanding of revenue accounting and sales commission accounting
- Strong experience developing and maintaining calculations for large data sets using spreadsheets or database models
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented
- Friendly, obsessively customer-focused and service-oriented
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Proficiency with popular CRMs (e.g. Salesforce), ERPs (e.g. Netsuite), or subscription management systems (e.g. Zuora)
- Past experience in any of the following capacities: financial operations, financial planning, accounting, system implementation, sales engineer, solutions architect, customer success, technology consulting, business analysis
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Unlimited vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- $1,000 to explore your dream destination on your work anniversary
- $500 annual professional development stipend to continue growing and learning
- $500 home office stipend to decorate your home office
- $1,000 caretaker stipend to make sure our parent colleagues are being supported
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest hardware and tools for the job
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent.
Why you should join CaptivateIQ
CaptivateIQ is a software as a service that helps you set, optimize, calculate, and payout sales commissions for your sales people. Over 80% of businesses use spreadsheets to calculate commissions, leading them to compensate teams inaccurately, late, and without proper reporting. We are helping companies reduce costly payout errors and providing access to the most innovative compensation strategies.
The team started working together in November 2017, launched in February 2018, and today have customers including Gusto, Heap Analytics, Iterable, and many more. Our team led commissions at successful companies, including Gusto and BrightRoll and worked at leading companies including Amazon, OpenTable, McKinsey & Company and Carrick Capital. CaptivateIQ is backed by Y-Combinator, Foundation Capital, s28 Capital, and notable enterprise Angels.