Principal Shipping Carbon Emissions Data Analyst at CarbonChain
About the role
Do you want to work on the most pressing problem of our generation?
We’re building the infrastructure for the net zero transition, and we’re looking for brilliant engineers, designers, and data scientists who want to help define a low carbon future.
Decarbonizing the economy requires a granular, real-time view of where emissions come from and how they might be reduced. We build software to automate the carbon footprinting of supply chains. Banks, traders, and manufacturers use our product to tame the complexity of international supply networks, identify the most carbon-intensive parts, and find greener alternatives. We were part of the Y Combinator Summer 2020 batch and have secured backing from the UK government’s innovation arm, InnovateUK, the NatWest accelerator and the London Business School Incubator.
CarbonChain is searching for a Principal Shipping Carbon Emissions Analyst with a focus on greenhouse gas emissions modelling for mining assets and supply chains, who is passionate about driving measurable, technology driven change to tackle the climate crisis.
The Principal Shipping Carbon Emissions Analyst will lead the development of CarbonChain’s offering to customers in the maritime sector. Specifically, you would be responsible for
- Continuously improving CarbonChain’s methodology to model greenhouse gas emissions of shipping assets
- Expanding CarbonChain’s database of shipping asset-level emission factors
- Managing a robust quality assurance process for all shipping emission models and outputs
- Single-mindedly focusing on ensuring that CarbonChain’s shipping methodology reflects the latest scientific standards & industry developments
- Seeking accreditation of results by industry bodies and/or players
- Enhancing customer experience
Day to Day tasks:
- Model/Source best-in-class greenhouse gas emission factors of shipping assets
- Own production of internal and client facing shipping related outputs
- Develop materials to accelerate customer acquisition and education, as required
- Contribute to the overall success of the business, as required
- Master’s degree in marine or maritime engineering, ship science, supply chain economics, supply chain management and global logistics, or a closely related subject. A PhD would be an advantage.
- At least ten years of experience in shipping asset analysis and/or economics, preferably with on the ground field experience
- Proven experience in the collection and analysis of cost, price and fiscal data from shipping. Experience in the collection and analysis of greenhouse data would be an advantage.
- Proven track record of strong diagnostic, analytical and problem-solving competencies.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work in an environment requiring liaison and collaboration with multiple stakeholders including customers
- Ability to present coherent and convincing positions (both in writing and verbally) in the English language.
If you think your skills and experience match what we’re looking for and you’d like to join a Carbon Tech industry unicorn, please get in touch!
Why you should join CarbonChain
We’re building a SaaS tool that enables companies in highly polluting industries to track their supply chain carbon emissions so they can mitigate risks from incoming carbon taxes and government penalties.