At TalentEdge, we work with 30+ startup clients at any given time ranging from series A - series F. Below is a general job description from one of our clients but each of our clients use different technologies, development practices and org charts.
- Designs, implements, and refines product development, testing, and manufacturing processes.
- Manages staff and assigns tasks to engineering and technical personnel.
- Leads teams in the development of new products, solutions, and processes.
- Oversees project logistics and resource allocation.
- Strives to improve efficiency and sustainability of processes and product designs, and to reduce waste.
- Secures the resources needed for teams to excel, including researching and proposing capital investments.
- Helps to create and oversee project budgets and engages in cost management strategies.
- Attends trade shows and conferences, and makes site visits to suppliers’ facilities.
- Advocates on behalf of team members by securing adequate resources for success.
- Communicates technical information to non-technical stakeholders, including investors and potential customers.
- Maintains high level expertise in their field or sector.
- Assures that processes meet quality and safety compliance guidelines.
- Collaborates with other team leaders and departments.
- Forges and maintains relationships with suppliers and customers.
- Personnel and project management skills
- Expert-level knowledge of sector technology and processes
- Strategic thinking
- Leadership, teambuilding, and mentoring skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Data analytics skills and experience
- Attention to detail
- Flexible thinking, including the ability to pivot and try new approaches when faced with challenges
- Organizational, planning, and documentation skills
- Proficiency using presentation software to explain complex information to non-technical management personnel and other stakeholders
- Ability to work on multiple projects in various stages simultaneously
- Past use of Agile/Scrum or similar collaborative tools a plus
- Experience using computer-aided design (CAD) platforms
- Experience using System Applications and Products (SAP) software
Education, Experience, & Licensing Requirements:
- BS in engineering required
- 4-5 years relevant work experience
- 1-2 years management experience
- Master’s degree in engineering or MBA a plus
Please apply if you are interested in these responsibilities or others!