Senior Product Designer at CareRev
About the role
What You’ll Do as Senior Product Designer at CareRev is champion our end users by designing simple, beautiful, and human-centered interfaces. You will use your stellar collaborative skills to join forces with cross-functional teams to understand your user’s end-to-end journey. You’ll use your hunger for exploration to drive user research and gather data to determine key metrics for success. You will craft lo-fi and hi-fi mockups and prototypes to communicate clearly with your team and work iteratively towards a viable design solution for every project. By participating in daily standups, you will work closely with Product Managers and Engineers to validate, execute, and QA your solutions. As one of the first hires dedicated to human-centered design at CareRev, you will also set a high bar as you partner with the Creative Director to execute the larger design vision for the future of our organization and the healthcare tech industry.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience working with product and engineering teams using Agile methodologies
- Previous design work on iOS and Android applications, as well as web applications
- Passion for unraveling complexities into simple solutions
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud, ticketing systems (Trello, Jira, etc.), and layout/prototyping programs (Figma, Sketch, XD, etc.)
- An understanding of the capabilities of code for web & app development as it pertains to how it works with your design (you don’t have to be a coding genius, just know its limitations)
- Demonstration of a high level of exploration, curiosity, and empathy
- Assist in orchestrating and bringing harmony between business and end-user goals
- The ability to communicate and collaborate clearly with product managers and developers during the design process and beyond in QA
- A willingness to defend sound design decisions.
- Previous experience in the healthcare industry is a plus!
A Few Reasons to Consider Us
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous paid holidays & unlimited PTO for salaried employees
- Partial 401k matching
- 100% remote + office equipment reimbursement
- Come help us change the future of healthcare work
Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, CareRev is now 100% remote. We have a small office in Los Angeles (Venice/Mar Vista) open for use by employees, as long as social distance can be ensured.
CareRev is building the #1 staffing platform for healthcare professionals. Hospitals and medical centers in California, Chicago, St. Louis, and other cities book thousands of specialized professionals through our app every month. We’re putting transparency, fairness, and trust back on the table. We are excited to grow our team of 120+ employees distributed across the US in a remote environment! We deeply value changing the world for the better and work toward diversity across our teams while we scale our teams in breadth and volume. In addition, CareRev has a fantastic group of investors, including top Healthcare VC firms, Y Combinator partners, and alumni.
CareRev is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful manner. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. CareRev treats all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military, and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. CareRev also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Why you should join CareRev
Healthcare costs represent 17% of US GDP. That’s 3 trillion dollars! A large portion of that is costs associated with medical doctors, nurses and healthcare staff in general. The world of healthcare staffing is dominated by telephones, fax machines, and paper calendars. We’re building a future where the people who work in healthcare are better managed and are empowered to be the healers they want to be.
CareRev is an online marketplace for healthcare staff. Hundreds of medical centers in California and Florida find highly specialized nurses and technologists on carerev.com every day.