Senior Software Engineer
About the role
Casetext is seeking an experienced software developer to join our team and help build out our products. The applicant will get to work with a knowledgeable and highly skilled engineering team at a cutting edge legal tech company.
Casetext helps millions of people every month access high-quality legal research at an affordable price. By combining advanced machine learning contextual understanding and search technology with a beautiful and easy to use interface, our platform is disrupting the traditional legal research industry and improving access to justice across the country.
We frequently work in small teams to solve problems and learn from each other. The ideal candidate for this position will be enthusiastic and collaborative.
At Casetext, you will:
- Work as an active member of a small engineering team to build and support our SaaS products.
- Design, test, and develop the software to meet user needs.
- Collaborate cross functionally with team members at many levels from Product Management, Customer service, Design, and others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience (5+ years of hands-on development experience).
- 4+ years professional experience in professional web development Experience building complex web systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines.
- Deep understanding of modern technologies and paradigms and are excited to learn new ones.
- Solid understanding of modern front end frameworks, such as Angular or React
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Experience working in an agile environment.
Casetext is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Why you should join Casetext
Casetext, the most widely used A.I. legal research technology, has been adopted across the legal market from the largest Am Law 100 law firms to solo practices. Its award-winning technology offers both conventional search functionality and its CARA A.I. powered contextual search, focuses on the context of your research to help you find on-point authorities faster. Founded by a team of former litigators from top law firms, as well as Ph.D. data scientists and leading A.I. engineers, Casetext helps legal researchers find the best cases, faster, including many that they would otherwise miss. For more information, visit www.casetext.com or contact our team at email@example.com.