Design Lead, Brand at Catch
About the role
Catch has built the first portable benefits platform offering tax withholding, retirement, and health insurance for those without access to employer-sponsored benefits. More than 57M Americans work freelance, part-time, contract, or non-traditional jobs that make it difficult to build wealth and protect against emergency.
Our tech-first approach makes it easy to create an automated paycheck setting aside for savings, investing for the future, and managing health insurance no matter how many different income sources exist, or how frequently income is received. We serve people — not businesses — and arm them with the ability to build a custom and flexible safety net for their family.
Once here you'll
- Help to shape the brand strategy for a growing startup with a powerful story to tell
- Infuse the products with the brand/visual language
- Craft the overarching brand narrative for an entire suite of emerging products
- Lead creative storytelling and communicating complex or abstract concepts in ways that are clear and memorable
- Think about identity systems and the principles that guide where we stay consistent and where we introduce differentiation
- Obsess over craft and details while still being grounded in pragmatism
- Rely equally on data, conversations, and intuition to make design decisions
What you'll bring
- Experience with consumer products and companies
- A passion for turning complex problems into simple and engaging experiences
- Outstanding UX ability, visual design and product thinking for mobile apps
- Experience applying research, usability tests, and metrics to inform design decisions
- Comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback
- Competence in relevant design and prototyping tools
- Strong collaboration and self-management skills
Working at Catch
Reinventing the core benefits system and safety net that’s been in place for the last 70 years isn’t an easy task– and it’s certainly not something that gets solved overnight. But the time is now. Income is more volatile, inequality is growing, and the foundation of employer-sponsored benefits is showing its age. At Catch, we’re working to reinvent the tax, retirement, and health insurance systems to work for everyone.
This takes focus, ingenuity, and collaboration– you’ll work with a team dedicated to the cause and equipped to solve it. We value a diverse, inclusive, and ego-free environment and you should too.
Catch is backed by some of the best investors and advisors in the industry, including Khosla Ventures, NYCA Partners, and Kindred Ventures.
We believe that a safety net is critical, so we’ve invested in making ours great:
Competitive salary and equity
Medical, dental, & vision insurance
Life insurance and disability benefits
Flexible time off
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Why you should join Catch
Catch is building the future of financial infrastructure for the independent workforce. As the first personal, portable benefits platforms, we help freelancers, contractors, and gig workers build an automated safety net. We do tax withholding, retirement investment, and health insurance enrollment. We move money, create investments, and integrate with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services to be able to take action for those with volatile income. We believe the future of work mandates a new system to manage benefits, and the 80M Americans who lack employer plans certainly agree.