Communications Manager at Catch
About the role
Catch has built the first portable benefits platform offering tax withholding, retirement, and health insurance for those without access to employer-sponsored benefits. More than 57M Americans work freelance, part-time, contract, or non-traditional jobs that make it difficult to build wealth and protect against emergency.
Our tech-first approach makes it easy to create an automated paycheck setting aside for savings, investing for the future, and managing health insurance no matter how many different income sources exist, or how frequently income is received. We serve people — not businesses — and arm them with the ability to build a custom and flexible safety net for their family.
Your role as a Communications Manager is to guide our customers through the process of onboarding to our product through scalable communications and messaging. Your goal is the same as everyone at Catch: to create a new personal safety net that is accessible, affordable, and effective. For this role in particular, you’ll spend your time nurturing our customers and creating a shared sense of community.
- Plan and deliver on onboarding flows to help guide new users into product adoption
- Convert existing users through in-product and out-of-product communications to adopt additional products and drive revenue
- Help users who run into issues enrolling in products
- Drive community engagement by interviewing and telling the stories of our customers
- Represent our brand as a customer-centric company by being the face of our community
- Build new channels and tools for our customers to share and engage with
- Help integration partners build the Catch community into their launches of our products
- Support team members internally by being a consistent voice of the customer
- Be an advocate for customers, always
Skills You'll Need
- The ability to problem-solve in an ambiguous, fast-paced startup environment
- A desire to execute quickly and reach goals
- A love of our product and deep admiration for our users
- Organization and follow through
- A preference for self-management and leading your own work
- Strong written and verbal communication, especially directly with customers
- Demonstrated experience creating communications and iterating with feedback
- The ability to prioritize and focus effort on outcomes
It'd Be Great if You Already had a Few of These
- Experience in a fast-growing startup
- Understanding of financial services and/or benefits
- Exposure to independent contractors (gig workers, freelancers, contractors)
- Creative ideas about brand and engagement
Why you should join Catch
Catch is building the future of financial infrastructure for the independent workforce. As the first personal, portable benefits platforms, we help freelancers, contractors, and gig workers build an automated safety net. We do tax withholding, retirement investment, and health insurance enrollment. We move money, create investments, and integrate with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services to be able to take action for those with volatile income. We believe the future of work mandates a new system to manage benefits, and the 80M Americans who lack employer plans certainly agree.