Operations and Implementation Manager at Centaur Labs
About the role
Centaur Labs is advancing medical AI through trusted, accurate medical data labeling. Our novel approach uses collective intelligence to aggregate opinions from experts and students all over the world, who provide these opinions on our gamified app, DiagnosUs. This expert network amasses over one million weekly labels on a wide range of medical data formats, for customers including leading AI startups and prominent research organizations. We're backed by YC, Matrix Partners, Accel, Susa Ventures, and Global Founders Capital, among others.
You are in charge of building, implementing and then managing business operations across teams for our B2B clients. In this role, you’ll be focused on identifying efficiencies in our product delivery to develop scalable processes, in addition to managing key customer accounts.
Our ideal candidate is highly detail-oriented and organized, clearly communicates across teams, cares deeply about customer experience, and is eager to be a part of the next generation of healthcare technology. You’re scrappy, positive, solutions-oriented. Our customers are developing medical AI, so you'll play an important role in helping AI practitioners develop the next generation of life-saving technology.
- Manage customer relationships and projects by setting and resetting expectations as appropriate, implementing daily processes, setting deadlines for internal teams, communicating between the technical and business operations teams to optimize project execution, triaging issues, and ensuring a positive experience
- Respond to customers promptly and consistently, clearly translating any technical jargon
- Dive deep into complicated and complex processes and work streams affecting many internal stakeholders, such as identifying factors impacting retention and rate of project delivery
- Implement efficient and scalable solutions for initiatives such as improving customer intake, optimizing project delivery, and documenting key customer interactions; develop training documentation to ensure widespread adoption
- Own relationships with internal systems/productivity tool vendors to optimize customer documentation and management, and become an expert in the capabilities and features of critical business systems and tools
- 3+ years in operations, consulting, account management or customer success
- Operational mindset obsessed with improving efficiency, streamlining processes, and implementing more functional systems of control and decision-making
- Obsession with clear documentation and organization, ideally within the JIRA/Confluence environment
- Strong analytical skills to dig into data and draw meaningful insights
- Experience working at a very fast-paced startup with fewer than 50 people
- Boston is preferred but not required; Eastern time zone is strongly preferred
Why you should join Centaur Labs
At Centaur Labs, we label data at scale to enable breakthroughs in medical AI. Our novel approach uses collective intelligence to aggregate medical opinions from experts and students all over the world. Our labeling customers include leading AI startups and prominent research organizations. We are a small, tight-knit team headquartered in Boston, and we're funded by Y Combinator, Accel, and GFC.