Business Development Manager at Centaur Labs
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic business development and sales leader to identify new verticals outside of our beachhead market and to strengthen our sales pipeline. Right now, we annotate training data for our medical AI customers. We want you to strengthen our sales pipeline in this vertical, and also to help us move beyond labeling training data to other data enrichment and analyses services in the healthcare space.
Our ideal candidate is organized, clearly communicates our product, and is eager to be a part of the next generation of healthcare technology. You’re scrappy, positive, solutions-oriented, and you love to pound the pavement for new leads.
- Enhance sales pipeline through prospecting and qualifying SQLs and inbound leads: set and execute sales strategies; identify strong leads and personas for champions, economic buyers etc.; develop sales experiments to test messaging and outreach channels; operationalize sales stages and points of friction
- Conduct research and network to identify opportunities in new markets and partnerships such as preclinical/clinical trials, insurance companies, and medical coding and billing: identify strong leads and personas for champions, economic buyers etc.; calculate market size (amount of opportunity); estimate sales cycle, lead times; work with Head of Product on go-to-market strategy for new verticals
- Analyze market conditions and activity: gather competitive factors impacting the business and communicate internally; be the "voice of the market" to marketing and product; develop and manage revenue forecasts
- 5+ years in business development or consulting in the healthcare space
- Curious, empathetic
- Outstanding writing skills
- Experience working at a very fast-paced startup with fewer than 50 people
- Experience or interest in healthcare and/or artificial intelligence
- Boston is preferred but not required; Eastern time zone is strongly preferred
Why you should join Centaur Labs
At Centaur Labs, we label data at scale to enable breakthroughs in medical AI. Our novel approach uses collective intelligence to aggregate medical opinions from experts and students all over the world. Our labeling customers include leading AI startups and prominent research organizations. We are a small, tight-knit team headquartered in Boston, and we're funded by Y Combinator, Accel, and GFC.