Cinder provides a cutting-edge investigation platform to protect the internet. Trust and Safety teams at the world’s most influential companies need powerful solutions that allow them to innovate and adapt as quickly as the threats they face. Companies rely on our software to investigate and disrupt threats like hate groups, terrorist organizations, and state-sponsored disinformation campaigns.
Cinder is seeking an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to help lead the development and deployment of our robust infrastructure.
We operate as a fully remote company with teammates in DC, Austin, SF and Chicago. We also believe in the value of frequent in-person meet-ups and learning face to face. We offer health, vision & dental benefits and a 401(k) plan with employer matching.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with and across teams to design, develop, test, and implement robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences
- Work with some of the most ubiquitous technology companies today to build innovative products at incredible scale
- Set Cinder apart as a hub of excellent engineering practices and build a solid foundation for our software
- Mentor junior engineers and build out a growing team while reporting to Cinder’s head of engineering
- Work closely with product designers and investigations experts to craft a consumer-grade experience for our customers
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills. As a remote company, we need to be able to communicate with each other and our customers quickly and clearly!
- You’re passionate about building software that is fast, reliable, and scalable
- 2+ years of experience working directly with Kubernetes
- Comfortable being customer-facing, collaborating with customer engineering teams
- Experience with cluster deployment, configuration, management, and security
- You have experience working across AWS, GCP, and Azure
- You love to stay on top of the latest trends with software infrastructure development
- 2+ years in a client-facing role—experience working with customers is a big plus
- Experience in a start-up or building 0 to 1 products and bringing them to market
- Experience working for a social media, marketplace, or media company with knowledge of how attackers can abuse these systems
- Experience with our stack (React, Django, Postgres)