Circle Medical is a Y Combinator and Real Ventures-backed startup affiliated with UCSF, one of the top 10 US hospitals according to US News and World Report. We are reimagining primary care from the ground up, combining technology and artificial intelligence with some of the nation's best physicians to deliver a better experience that scales faster and more efficiently than ever before.
We are seeking a full-time Office Experience/HR Manager. This role is the perfect mix of employee experience, office operations, and HR compliance. Reporting to our VP of Operations & People, this role will be based out of our beautiful, newly acquired Mile End office in Montreal.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Help us recruit aggressively as we 3X our team over the coming year.
- People Operations: You will devise a smooth operating process for HR Admin activities aligned with the global organization and liaise with third-party providers.
- You can advise the management on employment law and make sure we comply with all rules and regulations.
- Process Payroll for CA and US Teams
- Create an incredible employee experience for all our employees, whether they work in our Montreal, San Francisco offices, or are working from home outside North America.
- Seamlessly navigate our team's transition into our new office space in July, owning the environment and all that comes with it - working in the office 5 days a week.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- A sense of empowerment to resolve your own problems, make decisions and trust your own good judgment.
- Ability to operate in an ever-changing environment independently.
- A passion for creating the ultimate employee experience; you own the Montreal in-office environment and the experience for hybrid and remote employees.
- A get things done attitude; you are not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Experience with vendor management and managing expenses.
- A collaborative attitude; you will be a member of the Ops Team and we go the extra mile to create an unparalleled work experience.
- Able to give and receive feedback constructively. Comfortable asserting yourself when you have a strong opinion, but you balance this with the ability to disagree and commit when required
- Impeccable attention to detail. In fact, you are so detailed oriented that we would like you to answer question #5 of our job application with the following statement, "I am super detailed oriented and great at taking direction." List this statement in both English and French.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor when things get hectic
- An interest in creating the best office aesthetics
- An ability to work smarter, not harder; you automate processes that scale so you can focus on what matters most.
- A good understanding of labor legislation in Montreal and a plus if you have experience working within major US cities such as San Francisco, Los Angeles, or New York.
- Experience with most (but not necessarily all) of the following areas of HR practice: Recruitment, Onboarding, Compensation, Engagement, Performance Systems, Learning and Development, and Compliance.
- Google Suite and Slack experience
- At least 2 years experience in office management in a fast-paced, dynamic startup company in tech, health tech, startup, or hospitality environments, which included at least 1 year of experience performing human resources/compliance type functions.
- Fluency in English and French
This is a full-time, salaried position with an annual salary of $70,000 - 85,000 CAD plus stock options, generous vacation, and full medical benefits.