Clipboard Health is a company dedicated to lifting as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible. We dramatically improve lives, by letting healthcare professionals turn extra time & ambition into career growth. The average nursing assistant without a college degree makes $36k a year; the average nursing assistant on Clipboard Health makes $53k a year and the top 5% make $74k a year. We have healthcare professionals texting us photos of a car they were finally able to buy, a school & church they’re building in their native Haiti with money they earn here, and more.
We’re a post Series B, extremely fast-growing startup with classic two-sided network effects. We’ve grown 6x (across all key metrics) in the last 11 months and need your help to keep growing to serve more healthcare professionals, healthcare facilities, and patients.
What’s it like to work with us?
- We care, a lot. Our CEO spends substantial time regularly doing customer service, and many of our healthcare professionals and healthcare facility clients have her personal cell phone number.
- We are globally distributed. Just on the engineering team we have folks from: the United States, Chile, Mongolia, Turkey, India, Ukraine, Indonesia, Brazil, Columbia… and that’s just from folks who’ve joined us so far this year.
- We take our values seriously: our COO literally has a handmade Curiosity Initiative and Ownership sign on his wall (you’ll see it if you videocall him).
- We have more engineers than we “need” on purpose. It makes us fast (many features go from idea to production in 2-4 weeks). It also allows small teams to see a problem, and just go fix it. A team went off and created a new SaaS product, another team rewrote a core service under a new architecture.
- One thing we value is that we have no “toes” here to be stepped on. See a problem? Go ahead and fix it, you don’t need permission.
- Architect Clipboard Health’s data platform which will constitute the backbone of our product decision-making processes, and ML initiatives
- Work with cross functional stakeholders to identify data consumption use cases related to product analytics, metrics tracking, experimentation, system monitoring, and ML feature generation
- Drive Clipboard Health’s data warehouse roadmap with an eye for ROI
- Own production ETL pipelines throughout their entire life cycle
- Deliver infrastructure to enable Data Science and Machine Learning workflows (Databricks, MLFlow, etc.)
- Put together project plans and define team priorities based on business needs and technology strategy
- Define data governance requirements (data access & privacy PII, retention etc.)
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of team processes and tooling
- Participate in recruiting, interviewing, mentoring, and coaching
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Expertise in SQL
- Proficiency in one or more object-oriented programming languages (Python, Java, Scala, etc.)
- Strong experience in data schema design, and enterprise data warehousing
- Familiarity with AWS, Snowflake, and Databricks is a plus
- Experience with large-scale distributed data systems is a plus
- A fan of the speed of startups is a plus
#Perks of Working with us:
- Do great work that matters, in healthcare, for customers who could really use your help
- Zero commute. Work wherever you are, globally (but on or around US Pacific Time hours)