Controller at Clipboard Health
About the role
Why Clipboard Health Exists
We exist to lift as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible. The average nursing assistant without a college degree makes $36k a year; the average nursing assistant on Clipboard Health makes $53k a year and the top 5% make $74k a year. We dramatically improve lives, by letting healthcare professionals turn extra time & ambition into career growth. We have healthcare professionals texting us photos of a car they were finally able to buy, a school & church they’re building in their native Haiti with money they earn here, and more. We’re a post Series B, extremely fast growing startup with classic two-sided network effects. We’ve grown 6x (across all key metrics) in the last 11 months and need your help to keep growing to serve more healthcare professionals, healthcare facilities, and patients.
We currently are a small finance team focused on accounts receivables and accounts payable. While these teams work independently, we are at the stage of growth where we want to introduce leaders who can unify the groups, grow out additional finance teams and strategy driven functions.
About the role:
Reporting to the COO, the Controller will lead Accounting and Finance Operations in building scalable accounting processes and reliable financial reporting for operational and planning purposes. This role will also be responsible for partnering with the COO and play a crucial role in managing the company’s legal and financial risk through processes and controls, as well as securing an effective governance to safeguard our businesses. The ideal candidate is a big-picture, strategic thinker with a roll-up their sleeves and execution mindset. This is a key leadership role and will require collaboration across Finance, Legal, Product, Engineering, and Operations, and many other leaders across the business.
- Support and educate the business with setting up and maintaining the financial structures to follow-up cost and performance and support decision making in line with Clipboard Health’s financial frameworks
- Provide leadership and vision for scaling the Accounting team and our financial infrastructure to support Clipboard Health throughout our high-growth journey
- Manage our accounting and finance operations and develop plans for driving efficiency and effective internal controls
- Accountable for quality, timeliness and follow up of financial reporting
- Develop the team’s capabilities across the range of sub-functions: general ledger, tax, treasury, payroll, accounts payable, financial reporting, audit and legal
- Ensure consistent implementation of corporate accounting principles and procedures in full compliance with US GAAP
- Lead, develop, implement and maintain the internal systems and financial controls consistent with Clipboard Health’s policies and regulatory guidelines, ensuring compliance with all tax and corporate requirements and filings
- Understand and document reporting needs, collaborate on operational issues, develop creative solutions, and provide business guidance and insight through financial reporting Secure cross-organizational readiness and continued business growth in terms of competence, performance and succession through enabling an end-to-end approach
You're someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. Your friends describe you as thorough, hands on, analytical, and detail-oriented. You are someone with high standards who leads by example, excellent communicator, has a strong sense of ownership, and good business judgement.You are also able to handle a constantly changing environment with many different stakeholders and demands.You have the ability to inspire individuals and teams to accomplish organizational goals; motivate people to perform and grow by providing feedback, coaching, training and career direction.
- 10+ years progressive experience
- 3+ years experience from a public accounting firm, preferably Big 4, with strong technical background
- 3+ years people management experience
- Experience with internal controls, compliance framework, audits, international subsidiaries, and systems implementations
- Proven track record of building strong teams and leading/influencing others through highly cross-functional projects
- Experience with marketplaces and international business models in a fast-paced and high-growth context is a plus
- 100% remote and most be able to work in the Pacific Standard Time zone
Why you should join Clipboard Health
At Clipboard Health (YC W17) we work with healthcare facilities such as hospitals, assisted living facilities, and rehab centers to provide on-demand nursing staff. We are a fully remote team that is humble and hardworking. We think this is the best way to improve a ton of lives. Nurses will have better schedules and shorter commutes, and patients will receive better care.