Group Product Manager at Clipboard Health
About the role
We're a two-sided marketplace that matches nurses with open shifts at nearby healthcare facilities. We’re a globally remote, post Series B company that's one of YC's Top 100 Companies. We are on a mission to lift as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible via matching talent with opportunity. We design and run marketplaces to do this, and our first is in healthcare.
About the role
You would be joining our Product Management organization at a critical juncture, while working with a fast-growing and fast-moving engineering organization. Our product today manages millions of dollars of invoices and pays thousands of participants on both sides of the market. But, we have only scratched the surface in the space of products and experiences we could build, and we need your help.
We're looking for a Group Product Manager that's excited to drive direction for a large component of our core staffing marketplace product. You’re energized by the prospect of getting to be player-coach in a small, but dynamic Product team. You’d be managing 2-3 PMs and Associate PMs, while also driving your own individual contributor work to help us leap into the future.
You will not be building things with the hope that people need it, but rather filling the desperate needs of our users while innovating in ways they didn't even know they needed. You'll have to be adaptable, learn quickly, and have a deep interest in understanding our business, our users, and our product.
I’d read our Product Team Standards (https://creatingvalue.substack.com/p/high-quality-and-fast) to get a sense of how we think and what we value.
Beyond the basics, what will make you successful:
- Extreme Ownership: the buck stops with you, no matter what anyone else did or did not do. You're self-reliant, and can get things done in the chaos that is an early-stage startup scaling quickly.
- Extreme Curiosity: you ask "why" 3-5 times in a row for the same problem and are excited to tap into your inner archaeologist -- digging and digging and not being satisfied until you truly understand the root cause.
- 3+ years of PM experience
- 1+ years of management experience
- You've shipped features in a small PM team, love both the strategy and the details and can operate at all levels of abstraction
Why you should join Clipboard Health
At Clipboard Health (YC W17) we work with healthcare facilities such as hospitals, assisted living facilities, and rehab centers to provide on-demand nursing staff. We are a fully remote team that is humble and hardworking. We think this is the best way to improve a ton of lives. Nurses will have better schedules and shorter commutes, and patients will receive better care.