Senior DevOps Engineer at Codecademy
About the role
Codecademy’s DevOps Team is responsible for the infrastructure and operations to deliver our service to millions of users learning to code. As a DevOps Engineer you will work closely with the developers to build, maintain and manage a stable, scalable and secure infrastructure to ensure the availability of our platform for the production of content and delivery of our educational experience.
We are currently transitioning to a Service Oriented Architecture. Collaborate with us to expedite the development of supporting tools, and best practices, and new services.
What You'll Do
- Design, implement and support production infrastructure at scale in an AWS environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in production
- Partner with software engineers to detect and mitigate future failures
- Support security initiatives; internal audit, hardening AWS accounts, user management, secret management, coordinating external audit
- Audit, augment, and maintain the developer experience, including local developer environment, continuous integration, and deployment workflow.
- Collaborate with software engineers to make architectural decisions to enable a scalable, stable and secure infrastructure
- Automate provisioning and configuration of production systems using Chef, Terraform and Docker
- Deploy and maintain monitoring and alerting resources
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of experience implementing and maintaining AWS services including EC2, Elasticache, Redshift, Cloudfront, DynamoDB, RDS
- Experience with ECS, SQS, SES, Route 53
- 3+ years of experience implementing and maintaining NoSQL and SQL databases
- Experience with Go, Docker, Ruby on Rails, React, NodeJS
- Experience working closely with development teams
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.
Why you should join Codecademy
Hello, we're Codecademy
Six years ago we changed the face of education by creating free interactive coding courses explored by over 45 million people. As we look to the future, we're focused on helping anyone get the skills they need for the jobs they want. We aim to bridge the gap: between companies and the workforce, people and their dream jobs. Join us.