Lead product designer at CommandBar
About the role
CommandBar is an opportunity to reshape our software user experience works. Our goal is to change the way we all use software, to make it easier and faster for people to get things done in their tools.
Design is absolutely paramount to our success.Our customers place our widget directly in front of their users, trusting us to give them a high-quality, delightful experience.
As our lead product designer at CommandBar, you'll be responsible for leading and coordinating design across our consumer and business experiences: the CommandBar widget itself, our Editor (which teams use to configure their CommandBar widget), and our dashboard. Your work will directly impact our customers and the millions of end users we serve every month. You'll also get to collaborate with our customers' design teams who are some of the best in the business (companies like ClickUp, Gusto, LaunchDarkly, Netlify, and many others)
- Coordinating design across our consumer and business experiences
- Maintaining an uncompromising standard while accommodating new features and use cases
- Conducting user research with both our customers and end users to identify problems and pressure test solutions
- Working directly with engineers to help realize designs
- Leading brainstorming sessions and producing wireframes at varying levels of fidelity
- Helping define roadmap
- Helping define our design and product cultures, including through hiring and mentorship
What will help you succeed
- A strong portfolio of related work
- Experience with tools for design visualization and iteration (including Figma)
- Experience working with (and collaborating on) a design system
- Experience with end user research and usability testing
- 4+ years designing and shipping software, ideally at a startup
- Desire to get (more) technical and learn more about how CommandBar works from an engineering POV
Why you should join CommandBar
Our goal at CommandBar is to improve how software works for everyone. We build a widget that any software company can embed in their app to enhance user experience, making it easier and faster for users to get stuff done.
We serve millions of end users monthly and work with customer-obsessed companies like ClickUp, Gusto, Netlify, AngelList, Shortcut, OneSignal, and many others. We're proudly backed by Thrive Capital, YCombinator, BoxGroup, and world-class angels.