VP of Customer Success and Operations Strategy at Community Phone Company
About the role
Community Phone is looking for a VP of Customer Success Strategy and Operations who will report directly to the CEO. We are looking for a leader who has designed and scaled CS systems. Alongside our Director of Operations, this person will design and measure CS KPIs, manage COGS, and plan our long-term CS strategy. Community Phone is a fast-growing telecom startup - since the start of the calendar year our team has grown from 5 to 20 full-time employees.
As VP of CS Strategy and Ops, you will be responsible for designing our CS systems to decrease customer churn, optimize rep efficiency, and most importantly above all: increase the friendliness of our customers’ experiences when they interact with us. You see CS from a product development perspective, setting up quantitative feedback mechanisms. You will help us transition from reactive, high-touch support to strategic and proactive design. When you see hundreds of pending tickets, your intuition is to design systems, rather than responding to any individual inquiry. And focus on learning the relationships between priority of types of tickets and which internal response times need to be managed to reduce calls.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Design a bespoke CS strategy for a company that has found product market fit
- Design and implement a delightful customer experience that will be a competitive advantage to Community Phone’s success and growth
- Relieve the Operations load from the CEO so he can focus on growth and product development
- Work with leaders of marketing, design, and engineering teams to enable faster movement in Ops
- Identify, develop, implement and track KPIs for the CS teams to ensure we hit our targets
We are looking for someone who has:
- Proven experience as in senior-level Ops, CS, or Sales strategy role at a scaling tech company
- Experience using Zendesk and other CS tools to your team’s advantage
- Excitement about managing an international team
- A deep understanding for the Customer Success function and its drives to revenue growth
- Strategic revenue planning, modeling and analytical ability
- A strong track record of hiring, developing, and growing diverse teams
About Community Phone
We are redesigning telecom, from creating unheard of voice authentication APIs for businesses to redesigning the landline for seniors and SMBs. We have grown from 5 to 20 full-time employees in the last 7 months. Our current customer base are folks over 40 years old, often looking to be brought into the internet revolution more fully. As we’ve grown, we’ve begun to serve SMBs, redesigning their telecom experience from the ground up: custom VoIP, modernized landlines, voice-acted dial menus, and soon over-voice credit card processing. We are looking for an Ops and CS leader to scale our customer experience as we expand our team and our offerings.
Why you should join Community Phone Company
Community Phone Company YC W19 built a simple cloud phone system for businesses that don't operate a call center.
Our solution lets a business get all modern voice features (re-route if busy, greeting menu and IVR, programmable caller ID, cloud voicemail, etc) on their existing office phone and existing employee cell phones. All employees onboard instantly, no wifi required, no app to download. Businesses should not be missing out on orders because they can only take one call at a time, and they shouldn't need an IT person in order to get a modern business phone system.