Director of Sales at Community Phone Company
About the role
Community Phone is using the landline as a wedge to blast the telecommunications industry wide open.
Turns out landlines aren’t dead. 10M+ small businesses depend on them, alongside the 30M+ consumers for whom the landline is the most dependable technology around. We are bringing the internet into the phone, enabling consumers and businesses to use VoIP features previously reserved for the tech-savvy.
In 2021 we grew from 5 full-time employees to over 34, growing our sales team from 1 to 11. Our investors include Y-Combinator, Canaan, and Justin Kan. We’re thrilled to be opening up more seats on this bullet train.
About The Role:
You will build our sales organization, reporting directly to our CEO. You’re a good fit if you’re excited about:
- Designing a sales process: our haphazard, informal process has brought us beyond the $2M ARR mark, but we are far from efficient or consistent. Let alone optimal.
- Demanding product from our product team: leads every day tell us what pain they have. You need to be a force toward our product team.
- Using everything in your arsenal: Asserting that sometimes technological sales tools outpace additional hires. And sometimes hires are more important.
- Recruiting and leading a fully remote sales team: Our current sales team is distributed around the world. We expect this to continue (unless you disagree ;) )
- Being accountable for revenue growth and expansion. You evaluate your own performance based on the result.
Before this you:
- Built a sales organization at a fast-paced (explosively growing) startup. Or you were there when it happened and are ready to take the plunge yourself.
- Led sales at a SaaS startup. Or a startup with a technical software product.
- Did work you are truly proud of.
Each person here cares about creating an environment that empowers, rewards, and celebrates our employees. We are here because we truly believe in this mission. Working here, you get the chance to do more than you ever realized you could.
Beyond this chance to make a real difference (and the chance to build the next-but-better AT&T), you’ll receive:
- Significant ownership shares of Community Phone, so you can enjoy what you build.
- A competitive salary, reviewed often so you are being rewarded for your contribution.
- Fully remote work, with all of the flexibility that brings.
- A home office setup to make your life easier.
- All-expenses-paid company retreats with our global team.
- Unlimited PTO.
Why you should join Community Phone Company
Community Phone Company YC W19 built a simple cloud phone system for businesses that don't operate a call center.
Our solution lets a business get all modern voice features (re-route if busy, greeting menu and IVR, programmable caller ID, cloud voicemail, etc) on their existing office phone and existing employee cell phones. All employees onboard instantly, no wifi required, no app to download. Businesses should not be missing out on orders because they can only take one call at a time, and they shouldn't need an IT person in order to get a modern business phone system.