Full-Stack Engineer at Community Phone Company
About the role
You will be working with our founder and product team (including four other engineers, two senior designers, and a project manager) to build the first full-service API to provision phone numbers and onboard modern voice features (like credit card processing via phone or a crowdsourced real-time spam-call filter). These projects use events only a carrier can get. We process millions of minutes of phone conversations per week, growing about 25% Month over month.
We build modern landlines for businesses and families.
Responsibilities (can be some):
- Help maintaining Django services that touch interfaces in telecom (T-Mobile, AT&T, CLECs)
- Drive best practices and architecture design
- Help design APIs so existing apps (like CRMs) can use voice and message data
- Ultimately, design a system to learn and change a business’s call flow to optimize for e-commerce goals like order creation
- Understanding that the value of what we create is in how it’s used by our staff or customers. Not simply the technological contribution
- You are highly curious and almost fearless when it comes to writing software and bringing organization to the wild west of old school carriers and cable companies... someone who wants to find out what is really going on and wants to make a huge impact.
- You know what it means to join a fast-growing startup
Why you should join Community Phone Company
Community Phone Company YC W19 built a simple cloud phone system for businesses that don't operate a call center.
Our solution lets a business get all modern voice features (re-route if busy, greeting menu and IVR, programmable caller ID, cloud voicemail, etc) on their existing office phone and existing employee cell phones. All employees onboard instantly, no wifi required, no app to download. Businesses should not be missing out on orders because they can only take one call at a time, and they shouldn't need an IT person in order to get a modern business phone system.