QA Engineer at Community Phone Company
About the role
In May, we grew paying customers by 50%. By the end of the year, we’ll be growing 4x faster.
We are looking for a digital ads and analytics expert to help power the engine that will get us there.
About Community Phone
Community Phone is a venture-backed, Y-Combinator graduate with a simple mission; make phone service simple, clear, and accessible to everyone. We do this with a truly unique product - a device that connects landline phones to local cell towers, rather than through internet or copper wires, and upgrades them to include modern features like re-route-if-busy or fine-grained control over caller ID.
This allows us to offer phone service to the over 60 million Americans and businesses who use landline phones that’s more reliable than internet-based VoIP providers, and at a fraction of the cost of traditional providers.
And the results speak for themselves. 40%+ month-over-month growth and profitable paid channels that are ready for optimization and scale.
Our investors are the same early investors in companies like Reddit, DropBox, AirBnB, Twitch, Lyft, and other successful startups. We are customer-centric and believe that happy customers are the best salesforce on the planet.
- 2+ years of testing (preferably web and desktop applications);
- Firm understanding of QA methodologies;
- Experience in test document creation (test cases, check-lists);
- Experience with bug tracking and test management tools;
- Expert level of spoken English;
- Highly result-oriented and proactive;
- Excellent communication skills, analytical and troubleshooting abilities.
Nice to have:
- Experience with desktop applications testing;
- Experience with Web API testing;
- Experience in estimating test activities.
- Test data preparation;
- Develop test cases and check-lists to ensure adequate test coverage;
- Report bugs and discrepancies discovered to developers;
- Participate in team activities;
- Issues investigating/reporting.
Why you should join Community Phone Company
Community Phone Company YC W19 built a simple cloud phone system for businesses that don't operate a call center.
Our solution lets a business get all modern voice features (re-route if busy, greeting menu and IVR, programmable caller ID, cloud voicemail, etc) on their existing office phone and existing employee cell phones. All employees onboard instantly, no wifi required, no app to download. Businesses should not be missing out on orders because they can only take one call at a time, and they shouldn't need an IT person in order to get a modern business phone system.