Senior Devops Engineer
About the role
Convex is looking for a Senior Devops Engineer to help our customers serve an under the radar, but massive and ubiquitous industry, commercial building services. Our customers service the systems that provide air we breathe, the water we drink, as well as the lighting, safety, and security systems that power daily life for billions of people.
We are based in, and love, the seven square miles of San Francisco, but our customers are in every corner of America. We found our foothold in small to medium sized businesses, and have quickly been pulled up-market to some of the largest enterprises in the country, like Siemens and Carrier. We have shipped an impressive amount of product with a lean team, but now we have to scale to meet the demands of our customer base which is growing in both size and sophistication.
That is why we need you.
Our flagship product, Atlas, is a “consumer grade enterprise product.” Think Apple experience with Oracle utility. Atlas supercharges our users’ work by providing them with information on virtually every commercial property in the country. There is literally no other data source like this available anywhere. All that data is interesting, but it isn’t powerful unless you have the ability to work with it, which is why we are building a full suite of specialized software tools on top of it.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will manage and monitor the infrastructure powering Atlas. You will build the tools and processes needed to scale our product, our data pipeline, as well as our engineering and data teams. You will be a core part of our development process, and work closely with other software engineers to continue growing Atlas both quickly and reliably.
- 5+ years of professional software engineering, SRE and/or devops experience working on external facing applications
- Advanced knowledge and experience with AWS
- Have built robust, complete CI/CD pipelines from source to validation
- Deep experience with monitoring tools and best practices
- Strong understanding of Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Confident running and debugging production systems
- Solid programming skills in Python
- An advocate for security best practices
Nice to Haves
- You are interested in building tech, real estate tech, construction tech, and/or mechanical engineering, plumbing, electrical systems, security systems, fire and life safety systems, or building control systems
- You stay up to date with technology and how to apply it to solve real-world business problems
- You want to form the core of a growing engineering team and develop its culture
- Join an early stage company with a lot of momentum, lead by a top tier leadership team and backed by top tier investors
- Competitive salary and generous equity
- Medical and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Generous parental leave policy
- Company outings & team retreats
- Dog-friendly, renovated office in South Park with Bay views
At Convex, we’re building the leading B2B full-stack software platform for the $400bn+ commercial services market. It's a 100-year-old industry impacting millions of people every day, and we already work with some of the largest enterprise companies in the sector. Our team is a unique mix of industry veterans from Carrier, Siemens, and Honeywell as well as founders from MIT, Harvard, and Georgia Tech. Based in San Francisco, our investors include Emergence Capital (Salesforce & ZOOM), 1984 Ventures, UP2398, YCombinator, Joe Montana, and the founders of PlanGrid.
Why you should join Convex
At Convex (YC W19), we’re building the leading B2B full-stack software platform for the $400bn+ commercial services market. It's a 100-year-old industry impacting millions of people every day. We already work with some of the largest enterprise companies in the sector and were one of the fastest growing companies in the Winter 2019 YC batch. Our team is a unique mix of industry veterans from Carrier, Siemens, and Honeywell as well as founders from MIT, Harvard, and Georgia Tech. Based in San Francisco, our investors include Emergence Capital, 1984 Ventures, UP2398, Liquid2 (Joe Montana), YCombinator, the founders of PlanGrid, and others.