Product Designer at Convictional
About the role
We are seeking a Product Designer to join our fast growing product team. As the first full-time product designer at Convictional, you will have a leading role in establishing the look and feel of our web platform. We are pioneering a new category which presents many interesting design challenges, and we’re looking for someone who is excited to take them on.
Our Product Designer will
- Collaborate with other teammates to better understand the needs and challenges of our customers
- Translate UX research insights and business requirements into rough wireframes and site maps
- Validate the best solutions by constantly iterating on your designs to bring delightful experiences to our users-
- Deliver high fidelity mockups to the development and business teams at the end of each sprint
- Improve the effectiveness of our product team by sharing your knowledge and best practices with others
- Help evolve the design system and components that are used across our web platform
- Be a leader who owns the end to end design process for new product features and grows the design functions in Convictional
Our Product Designer
- Has mastery of at least one prototyping tool (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD)
- Has a proficient end to end design process that includes talking with users, translating research insights into design requirements, iterating on wireframes, and delivering high fidelity mockups
- Embraces collaboration and feedback, while also being able to defend decisions confidently
- Has a strong desire to take on responsibility and is excited to have ownership over the design direction of Convictional
- Is able to manage and work on multiple projects concurrently and with own initiative
- Pursues learning intentionally and is constantly working on improving themselves
- Has an obsession with delighting users and solving their pain points
- Is fundamentally a kind person and brings that kindness to their work
A typical day for our Product Designer might look like this:
9:00-9:30 - Read a chapter in a great design book or your favourite blog about product development
9:30-10:30 - Research and find design inspiration for a new product feature we are working on.
10:30-12:30 - Deep work designing high fidelity prototypes for a new feature which you have previously done wireframes for.
12:30-1:15 - Grab some lunch and continue to read or find design inspiration.
1:15-2:00 - Sync with a product manager and another engineer to discuss the product roadmap.
2:00-4:00 - More deep work designing the current product feature you are focused on.
4:00-4:30 - Jump on a call with a customer success manager or a customer and get critical feedback on some finished designs from the previous sprint.
4:30-5:00 - Read some github issues to build context around product development. Reflect on the day and plan tomorrow.
- Has at least 3+ years of experience designing web products and design systems
- Has experience with B2B, Enterprise tools, E-Commerce and/or API products (i.e. Stripe)
- Bonus points if you have worked on a fast growing product team and/or a distributed team
- A degree is not necessary
- A background in graphic design is a plus
- Experience with interaction animation / designing state transitions is a plus
- Salary of $100,000 - $150,000 + Stock Options
- Comprehensive benefits, including Healthcare Spending Account
- WFH stipend, learning budget, and corporate cards to ensure you’re never waiting for reimbursement
- 3 weeks paid vacation + one week shut down at the end of the year
Why you should join Convictional
Convictional is a Y-Combinator-backed start-up building an industry-leading solution for B2B trade. We exist to make trade easier for buyers and their suppliers in B2B transactions by automating the traditionally labour-intensive B2B process.
Our team is entrepreneurial, with a bias for action. We never back down from a spirited debate and believe we are all responsible for exploring the hard questions. We value self-awareness and meaningful impact. We are open to unconventional approaches, and have learned not to judge a book by it’s cover.
Your time is your most valuable resource, so you set your hours. We do not use chat and default to zero meetings. We document everything. We expect you to go to coaching or therapy at least occasionally and adhere to 10% compound time.