Construction Data Analyst Intern at Culdesac
About the role
Culdesac builds cities for people, not cars. Our goal is to create the first car-free city in the US. Culdesac’s CEO Ryan Johnson was previously on the founding team of Opendoor, and our investors include Khosla Ventures, Zigg Capital, Initialized Capital, and Y Combinator.
We started by creating the first car-free neighborhood built from scratch in the US - Culdesac Tempe, a $170 million mixed-use neighborhood development for 1,000 residents opening in 2021. The neighborhood covers 17 acres and features 55% open space, shared courtyards, and abundant bookable spaces. Culdesac is the co-developer and tech-enabled property manager. More on us here.
Culdesac is looking for a Construction Data Analyst Intern to assist with the research and analysis of construction costs, market data, and related information for the Culdesac Tempe project. This is a part-time internship for a multi-phase project. You will collaborate with the Culdesac and Sunbelt Holdings team to inform decision-making and the internal analytics of a 761-unit car-free apartment community with 16,000 sq. ft. of retail. You will ramp up quickly in this fast-paced, productive environment. The target start date is January 10th, 2022 or soonest availability.
- You will have a strong focus on studying and monitoring the construction costs & bids of the Culdesac Tempe product as well as trends in the local real estate market and national commodity markets
- Review building permit plans for accuracy & compliance
- Compile and review data on building plans for leasing & external audiences
- Tracking commodity markets, labor markets, and bid costs over time to identify trends and opportunities
- You will attend at least two weekly all-hands-on-deck meetings onsite and be available for some weekday meetings onsite as necessary
- Attending a Real Estate or Construction Management program at the undergraduate or graduate level
- 1-2 years of real estate or construction management experience
- Driven, ambitious person with an innate sense of humility
- You are detail-oriented and experienced in the review of analytics and building plans
- You have top-notch written and oral communication skills
- You have the ability to think strategically and analytically
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You can juggle many components of a mixed-use, large-scale construction project, all with strict deadlines and budgets, simultaneously
Why you'll love being part of the Culdesac Team:
We work as a team: We are inclusive, drawing on the strengths of people who bring a different perspective. We find ways to work together that overcome disciplinary and geographic separations.
We are driven, humble, and ambitious: Our mission is to build cities for people, not cars. We are doing this through hard work, asking for feedback along the way, and seeing our work through to the end, including the last 10%.
We have a caring, supportive, and honest culture: We get to know one another, we support our community together, we have fun together, we even have Culdesac talent shows!
We are revolutionizing the real estate landscape: Are you ready to be part of this transformation?
Culdesac is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
Will you now or in the future require visa sponsorship for employment at Culdesac?
Please describe how you are prioritizing a lifestyle leveraging public transportation, micro mobility, and other alternatives to private cars.
What micromobility have you tried/have experience with? Is there something new in this space that you're particularly excited about trying?
- Why do you think there aren’t enough walkable neighborhoods in the US?
- Add a cover letter or anything else you would like to share.
Why you should join Culdesac
We're the first post-car real estate developer, and our goal is to build the first car-free city in the US. We're starting with the first car-free neighborhood built from scratch - that's Culdesac Tempe, a 1000-person neighborhood.
We use our diverse skills to create beautiful harmony between tech, real estate, and mobility. Join our team!