Technical Business Operations Intern at Culdesac
About the role
TEMPE, AZ / ENGINEERING / PART TIME
Culdesac's mission is to build cities for people, not cars. We're the first post-car real estate developer, and our goal is to build the first car-free city in the US. We're starting with the first car-free neighborhood built from scratch - that's Culdesac Tempe, a 1000-person neighborhood.
All of this draws from a core insight: the way we move defines the way we live. And the way we move is changing fast, with countless ways to get around today beyond private cars. Here's more.
Technical Business Operations at Culdesac is a high impact role. You'll learn how analytics helps to drive company strategy and where the questions in the business come from. This will in turn, teach you how you can make decisions from them.
As a Technical Business Operations Intern, you will accelerate your personal growth and learn how to apply these skills across marketing, operations, finance, engineering and product. We're a fast moving team, so you'll get to learn from everyone including the founders and construction workers on a daily basis.
This is a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary role. You'll support initiatives across the business and get exposure to many different facets of a full-stack company. This, like all of our internships, is a paid internship.
How you will make an impact:
- You will produce data visualizations that communicate easy to digest insights to the team
- You will identify strategic changes that can be made based on your learnings and present to our leadership team
- You will work closely with the leasing and operations team to highlight opportunities to serve more customers at scale
- You will understand data engineering constraints and help us define our data models
- You are willing to roll-up your sleeves and do whatever is required to accomplish our mission!
How you will be successful:
- You are a driven, ambitious person with an innate sense of humility
- You have top-notch written and oral communication skills, especially regarding technical topics
- You have the ability to think strategically and analytically
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, eager to lend a hand where needed.
- You have the ability to communicate and work effectively with all types of people, bringing creativity and fun but also able to take control and call the shots when needed.
- You are passionate about positively impacting company culture and employee engagement.
Why you'll love being part of the Culdesac Team:
- We work as a team: We are inclusive, drawing on the strengths of people who bring a different perspective. We find ways to work together that overcome disciplinary and geographic separations.
- We are driven, humble, and ambitious: Our mission is to build cities for people, not cars. We are doing this through hard work, asking for feedback along the way, and seeing our work through to the end, including the last 10%.
- We have a caring, supportive, and honest culture: We get to know one another, we support our community together, we have fun together, we even have Culdesac talent shows!
- We are revolutionizing the real estate landscape: Are you ready to be part of this transformation?
Culdesac is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
Will you now or in the future require visa sponsorship for employment at Culdesac?
Please describe how you are prioritizing a lifestyle leveraging public transportation, micro mobility, and other alternatives to private cars.
What micromobility have you tried/have experience with? Is there something new in this space that you're particularly excited about trying?
- Why do you think there aren’t enough walkable neighborhoods in the US?
- Add a cover letter or anything else you would like to share.
Why you should join Culdesac
Our cities should be celebrated. They have been the largest driver of innovation in human history. But somewhere along the way, things broke and our quality of life suffered. We built our lives around our cars as cookie-cutter housing popped up around the country. Sprawl became commonplace, and we normalized hour-long commutes, even as private vehicle ownership became the largest source of carbon emission pollution. We became more isolated and felt less connected to each other. It doesn't have to be this way.
We're building cities for people, not cars. Our team blends technology, real estate, and culture to reimagine our daily lives. We come from different backgrounds to bring a fresh perspective on what's possible. As a team, we keep a pulse on our community and what they need. We ride our e-bikes to lunch, host pop-ups on construction sites and make 16-acre cornstarch art pieces. We cultivate these relationships and bring our community closer together so they can experience the neighborhood they deserve.