Video Producer/Editor, Growth at Curtsy
About the role
Why We Started Curtsy
Curtsy was started by four high school friends who wanted an easier and more sustainable way to sell and shop for fashion. Despite our 10x growth over the last year, we're still a fairly lean team.
We noticed that existing fashion resale apps were hard to use, filled with spam, and dominated by businesses — not real people. Curtsy is a sustainable alternative to fast fashion that helps women simplify their lives, switch up their style, and earn extra cash. We're focused on Gen Z which is the most underserved demographic within the resale category.
We’ve doubled our business in the last few months and just recently broke the top 20 apps list for the shopping category in the App Store. We have hundreds of thousands of monthly active users, strong customer loyalty, and have grown 30% monthly for the last year.
We’re a Y Combinator company (S19) and recently closed our Series A led by Index Ventures with participation from CRV, Kevin Durant, and other top-tier angel investors.
Want to know more? Get to know us even better by reading about Curtsy's values on our blog.
About The Role
We’re hiring a Growth Designer to bring creative production of ads in house, which will allow us to tell our story in new ways and in different ad placements so that we can reach more customers. You’ll imagine and produce short form video ads using user-generated content, and design static ads across our social channels with the goal of driving new users to Curtsy.
As an early member of the team you'll have extraordinary autonomy and ability to contribute to overall growth and marketing strategy. If you have ambitions to expand your career in marketing or be a part of a fast-growing team, we think you’ll be a great fit.
What You'll Do:
- Brainstorm, storyboard, and produce short-form video and still ads showcasing the value props of Curtsy
- Work with a campaign manager to develop growth-focused creative best practices based on performance per channel
- Come up with creative end card animations, calls-to-action, music, etc, in order to improve the performance and engagement of ads.
- Create channel-specific ad content and multiple iterations of each asset for our growth testing roadmap
- Help shape overall growth and brand strategy
What You'll Need:
- A creative mind with great taste for engaging content
- 1-2 years experience with video editing and/or graphic design
- Proficiency in After Effects or similar video editing tools
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop or similar graphic design tools
- Portfolio of existing video content across social media platforms (YT, IG Reels, TikTok)
- Ability to be creative and help craft our Curtsy narrative across platforms
- Prior growth design or marketing experience is great but not required
What You'll Get:
- Tremendous equity upside from joining our early team
- Competitive base pay
- Unlimited PTO and a culture of working hard and actually taking time off
- Flexible work life, based in San Francisco when you want to come into the office
- Non-elective 401K contributions
Commitment to Diversity
We view empathy as a competitive advantage, which is why we value a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly encourage women, people of color, and other under-represented groups to apply. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you should join Curtsy
Curtsy is an app that makes it easy for the 1M women in our community to sell clothes and shop sustainability. Just a decade ago it wasn't possible to sell clothes online—the only options were local consignment and donation centers.
Apps like Ebay and Poshmark ushered in a new era of online selling, but they're dominated by people selling as a business, and inaccessible to working women, students, and casual sellers. Curtsy changes that with an easy-to-use, simple platform built for Gen Z, who are more likely to switch up their style weekly than accumulate clothes over time like their parents.
Curtsy, now ranked #20 in the App Store shopping category, has grown 5X in the last year by making it possible to sell and shop at a time when COVID-19 has limited access to local retail and consignment stores nationwide.