Backend Engineer - Infrastructure (YC W20)
About the role
Dapi is a fintech infrastructure that enables real-time bank payments with the use of our API. We enable cheap electronic payments in the US and beyond, thus disintermediating current payment processing platforms.
We are looking to hire a passionate backend engineer who can contribute to the design, development, maintenance and implementation of our API services. You will be joining our talented team of backend engineers whilst working alongside our frontends engineers, designers and product managers. Your primary focus will be the creation and deployment of the new features for Dapi 2.0.
Our ideal candidate is one that can take up the challenge of maintaining Dapi's backend whilst contributing to the creation of new features on our existing system. As such, candidates who are independent, highly motivated and can react well under changing business requirements are an ideal match.
- Design, develop, maintain and implement features of our API services
- Contribute towards the integral components of Dapi 2.0
- Collect, analyze and address technical and design requirements
- Help to create reusable code and libraries for future use
- Maintain and expand upon a large existent codebase
- Adapt well and react quickly to changing business requirements
- 2+ years of experience in backend development
- Advanced proficiency in any strongly typed language (such as C#, Java, C++, etc.)
- Comfortable with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Good understanding of messaging and pub/sub systems (such as NATS, RabbitMQ, etc.)
- Experience in development of complex distributed systems
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices via code reviews, building tools and documentation
- Able to actively participate in and contribute to team discussions
- Able to actively contribute in designing new systems
- Comfortable with basic cryptography principles
- Proficiency in Golang
- Experience using Redis
- Experience with Docker, Cloud Foundry and/or Kubernetes
- Prior experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies
- Experience working with microservices
Why you should join Dapi
Dapi is a financial technology infrastructure universal real time banking API that enables bank payments. We work to disintermediate processing industry and enable cheap electronic payments in the US and beyond.