Founding Growth Engineer at Debrief
About the role
Founding Growth Engineer
Debrief solves future of work challenges with our asynchronous video management and collaboration platform. Using Debrief’s AI-powered transcription and search, a company can catalog all of their recordings and quickly find the right information. Companies use Debrief for knowledge bases, meeting archives, asynchronous feedback, and a single place to store their growing number of videos.
We are hiring a founding growth engineer to join our 3 person engineering team led by the founders (ex-Twitch senior and principal engineers). This role will have a massive impact on the product, company, and culture as we scale the way companies manage their video and collaborate asynchronously.
A growth engineer is driven by extreme excitement in building something new that may-or-may-not be doable. That person lives to tinker with new technology and is never afraid of a problem. They work fast to get to a solution, even if it means hacking things together.
- Take ideas and turn them into code, quickly.
- Hack together solutions with new technologies.
- Take comfort in the unknown that comes with every early-stage company.
- Throw something out when it doesn’t work.
- Work across the stack and drive development of new stacks.
- Ownership across the Debrief product.
- Always provide our customers with the best possible product and experience.
- Help to grow the team by interviewing and hiring new engineers.
- EITHER: 4+ years of experience working as an engineer at a startup OR 2 years of history building in public (open source or similar) a product from scratch.
- Expert in a performant backend programming language such as golang, rust, or node.
- Expert in designing and building scalable architectures.
- Expert in using and building on AWS.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Extraordinarily self-driven to build the best possible products for customers.
- Desire to grow with the company, whether that means growing into management or a more senior individual contributor, this role will evolve as we grow.
We are located in San Francisco. We have an office where we work 3 days per week. We are remote friendly but have a strong preference for people we can work together with in person.
Why you should join Debrief
Debrief solves future of work problems with our asynchronous video communication platform. Using Debrief’s AI powered transcription and search, a company can catalog all of their decisions and quickly reference anything said in the past. As companies transition to a hybrid workspace, they will require tools like Debrief to keep their organization plugged in and informed because real-time meetings will majorly phase out to support remote and distributed workforces.