Senior Full-Stack Engineer at Deed
About the role
Who we are
Deed is a Y Combinator-backed startup shaping the future of social good through a combination of tech, design, and culture. Our products help people and companies create positive change by making it easy, fun, and exciting to give back.
Our B2B SAAS platform enables companies like Airbnb, Stripe, and Adidas to engage their employees by doing good deeds. And that roster is growing, so we are looking for people with big hearts, and big brains, to join our passionate crew.
About the role
Deed is looking to add a Senior Full-Stack Engineer to our growing team. You’ll be part of a small but fast-moving team responsible for creating and delivering software from conception to deployment.
- 8+ years of experience architecting & building solutions using web technology
- Interface with Product Managers to determine key requirements
- Work with Engineering, QA, Ops teams to identify and resolve code challenges
- Design and develop full-stack application business logic using ReactJS, React Native, Node.js, Go, & related technologies
- Team meetings, collaborative idea generation, etc.
- Strong development and design experience using ReactJS + React Native and Node.js (TypeScript experience preferred)
- Experience implementing REST APIs / GraphQL and CI/CD Process (continuous integration and continuous deployment), using CircleCI, AWS.
- Experience with databases (preferably NoSQL, e.g. MongoDB)
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with security testing
- Experience in implementing AWS best practices, including security & data migration
- Familiarity with server architecture, cloud, microservices-based architecture, Git, and agile development methods
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work across the stack to deliver new features from start-to-finish
- Build clean, performant APIs to power data visualizations
- Implement compelling, usable UIs; contribute to their design, and engineer them with React and Redux
- Improve performance and overcome scalability limits
- Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, grow with the company
- Help us change the world 💪
- Cool office in Kreuzberg
- Opportunities for international travel (Brooklyn, Portland, San Francisco)
- Generous volunteering policy
- Flexible working arrangements
Our Team’s Culture & Benefits
At Deed, our ambition is to change the world for the better. This means that we have high expectations of one another, and ourselves. The work is challenging, fast-paced, and sometimes it extends beyond a 40 hour week. And yet, it works because we always have each other’s backs, and we always offer the flexibility to make daily choices that ensure we are sound in mind, body, and spirit.
A diverse and inclusive workplace is also an integral part of our culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives because that is how we best learn. From an operational perspective, our benefits include comprehensive health as well as professional development. All of this is to say that in order to do the best work of our lives, we understand that it begins with us – the people who work at Deed. If you are still enthusiastic after reading this, we’d love to meet and see if we’re right for one another.
Deed is an equal opportunity employer.
Why you should join Deed
We build technology that helps people do good deeds. Our first product was an app that makes volunteering easy and social. We then launched our enterprise platform last year designed to help companies engage their employees through social good. Employees can share their time, skills, and money with causes they care about, and employers can manage, track and measure the impact they generate.