Quantitative Researcher at Delphia
About the role
Delphia is the world’s first investment strategy anyone can improve with their data. We select stocks to a portfolio by analyzing the trends in the data of our members. This helps us predict which companies will win and which will lose, letting us earn you the returns you deserve.
We are building a new kind of company that re-thinks the value of privacy, data rights, and fiduciary responsibility in order to ensure your data is always working for you – like your money.
Whether we're educating people on how their data can be used to make better investment decisions or identifying future trends, people at Delphia are socially-minded creatives at heart. Our teams are continually iterating, solving hard problems, and collaborating to generate new forms of value and economic returns for our users (we call them “members”, in fact). Working together, we want people to realize the true value of their data – and we're just getting started.
Delphia is a growing (~40 people), multi-disciplinary team located in the heart of downtown Toronto and around major North American cities. We began in January 2018 and are graduates of Y Combinator and the Creative Destruction Lab. We’ve raised two rounds of funding and approximately $20 million to date.
About the role:
- Work with a team of machine learning experts in prediction
- Evolve and improve on a proprietary framework for understanding markets and market participants and their expectations
- Work closely with the Data and Quant Engineering teams to design research systems
- Help guide the curation of proprietary Delphia data for use in prediction
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience in active management research with at least 2+ years in global equities or 2+ years in multi asset strategies
- Have 5+ years of experience in nonlinear prediction techniques
- Have a PhD in STEM
- Have experience building a research process that is open and inclusive
- Are creative
You'll fit in if you are/have:
- Impact orientated
- A growth mindset
- Able to self-direct
- A bias towards action
- Are intellectually curious
- Willing to help
As a member of the Delphia team, you will enjoy a variety of perks and benefits such as...
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Benefits, plus a Health Spending Account
- Flexible work hours with the ability to work from home when need be
- Work from Anywhere Policy
- Flexible time off Policy
- Employee Stock Options
Learning & Development:
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate by race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Delphia is committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Why you should join Delphia
Delphia is the world's first investment strategy that anyone can improve with their data.
By sharing opinions about the world around you and connecting the activity data from whichever apps you choose to, Delphia is able to forecast the growth and profitability for thousands ofcompanies simultaneously through a series of machine learning models. When Delphia's model disagrees with the market, we adjust the weights of our diversified equity portfolio to reflect the confidence we have in our predictions.