Senior Product Designer at Delphia
About the role
Delphia is the world’s first investment strategy anyone can improve with their data. We select stocks to a portfolio by analyzing the trends in the data of our members. This helps us predict which companies will win and which will lose, letting us earn you the returns you deserve.
We are building a new kind of company that re-thinks the value of privacy, data rights, and fiduciary responsibility in order to ensure your data is always working for you – like your money.
Whether we're educating people on how their data can be used to make better investment decisions or identifying future trends, people at Delphia are socially-minded creatives at heart. Our teams are continually iterating, solving hard problems, and collaborating to generate new forms of value and economic returns for our users (we call them “members”, in fact). Working together, we want people to realize the true value of their data – and we're just getting started.
Delphia is a growing (~40 people), multi-disciplinary team located in the heart of downtown Toronto and around major North American cities. We began in January 2018 and are graduates of Y Combinator and the Creative Destruction Lab. We’ve raised two rounds of funding and approximately $20 million to date.
Delphia is looking for a jack-of-all trades designer to join our growing design team. We expect you to excel in a wide variety of roles from designing new ad units, keeping our marketing website looking good, to spearheading the design of our first crypto-based app. Flexibility and breadth is the key ingredient for this role.
- Research: About our product, business objectives, customers, and competition.
- Designing Marketing Experiences: Ensure our marketing experience is simple, consistent, and polished.
- Designing Crypto App Experience: Join a brand new team focused on building a consumer focused crypto application.
- Product Strategy: Give input and collaborate with cross functional leaders to ensure we're building products that people love, that also work for our business
- Brand in Marketing: Explore how the brand extends into the marketing environment
- Design System: Contribute to and maintain our in house design system
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Excellent design skills (shown in a portfolio)
- 3+ years of experience in a Design role within a consumer product-driven company
- Exposure to leading a Design team of a major product area
- Experience shipping products and features that were impactful to business success
- A breadth of experience from problem definition to detailed UI and visual design
- Skill with sketches and wireframes and translating those into high-fidelity using Figma
- Ability to create prototypes at various fidelities and levels of interactivity
- Solid understanding of how to create usable, accessible, and modular designs that scale
- Experience in a B2C FinTech
- Experience communicating complex concepts
- Experience taking design feedback and incorporating it
You'll fit in if you are/have:
- Impact orientated
- A growth mindset
- Able to self-direct
- A bias towards action
- Are intellectually curious
- Willing to help
As a member of the Delphia team, you will enjoy a variety of perks and benefits such as...
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Benefits, plus a Health Spending Account
- Flexible work hours with the ability to work from home when need be
- Work from Anywhere Policy
- Flexible time off Policy
- Employee Stock Options
Learning & Development:
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate by race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Delphia is committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Why you should join Delphia
Delphia is the world's first investment strategy that anyone can improve with their data.
By sharing opinions about the world around you and connecting the activity data from whichever apps you choose to, Delphia is able to forecast the growth and profitability for thousands ofcompanies simultaneously through a series of machine learning models. When Delphia's model disagrees with the market, we adjust the weights of our diversified equity portfolio to reflect the confidence we have in our predictions.