Growth Lead at Delphia
About the role
Delphia is the world’s first investment strategy anyone can improve with their data. We select stocks to a portfolio by analysing trends in both the data of our members and the market itself. This helps us predict which companies will win or lose and helping you earn the returns you deserve.
We are building a new kind of company that re-thinks the value of privacy, data rights, and fiduciary responsibility in order to ensure your data is always working for you – like your money.
Whether we're identifying trends or educating people on how their data can be used to make better investment decisions, people at Delphia are socially-minded creatives at heart. Our teams are continually iterating, solving hard problems, and collaborating to generate new forms of value and economic returns for our users (we call them “members”, in fact). Working together, we want people to realise the true value of their data – and we're just getting started.
Delphia is a growing (37 people), multi-disciplinary team located in the heart of downtown Toronto and around major North American cities. We began in January 2018 and are graduates of Y Combinator and the Creative Destruction Lab. We’ve raised two rounds of funding and approximately $20 million to date.
About the role
Delphia is looking to build out our growth function and wants a multi-faceted engineer to lead it. The ideal candidate will thrive at the intersection of marketing and product development.
We ask our growth team to adopt the following mindset: Assume the product is perfect (i.e., you can't touch the code). Yet, the company isn't going public because we don't have enough people using the product. Fix that.
The growth team doesn't have the luxury to wait or depend on product changes to grow our customer base.
- Growth Leadership: Own organic growth goals and strategies.
- Website & Landing Pages: Take ownership of our marketing website and make it better.
- Experimentation: Develop and execute experiments to deliver business impact.
- Messaging: Build, scale, and operate messaging across all channels (email, push, app)
- APIs: Leverage existing APIs to create new experiences.
- Analytics & Data Visualization: Analyze data, automate, find patterns, and develop suggestions and results.
- Infrastructure: Improve metrics, analytics, and experimentation infrastructure.
- Developing Others: Manage, coach, and grow a team of growth experts.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Strong technical skills.
- Experience growing an audience and driving engagement while meeting key performance goals.
- Demonstrated success utilizing data to inform growth strategies.
- Experience with marketing technologies, SEM, SEO, ad-tech, marketing funnels, growth loops.
- Experience with Python, Django, React and SQL to build modern, scalable apps.
- Curiosity for learning new things; Delphia changes fast, and we want people who do too.
- You have a B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science.
- You've worked with cross-functional teams.
As a member of the Delphia team, you will enjoy a variety of perks and benefits such as:
Health Benefits :
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Benefits, plus a Health Spending Account
Flexible work hours with the ability to work from home when need be
Work From Anywhere Policy
Flexible Time-Off Policy
Employee Stock Options
Access to our Hedge Fund
Learning & Development :
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate by race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Delphia is committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Why you should join Delphia
Delphia is building the world's first investment strategy that anyone can improve with their data.
By sharing opinions about the world around you and connecting the activity data from whichever apps you choose to, Delphia is able to forecast the growth and profitability for thousands of companies simultaneously through a series of machine learning models. When Delphia's model disagrees with the market, we adjust the weights of our diversified equity portfolio to reflect the confidence we have in our predictions.