Data Engineer at Delphia
About the role
Delphia is the world’s first investment strategy anyone can improve with their data. We select stocks to a portfolio by analysing trends in both the data of our members and the market itself. This helps us predict which companies will win or lose and helping you earn the returns you deserve.
We are building a new kind of company that re-thinks the value of privacy, data rights, and fiduciary responsibility in order to ensure your data is always working for you – like your money.
Whether we're identifying trends or educating people on how their data can be used to make better investment decisions, people at Delphia are socially-minded creatives at heart. Our teams are continually iterating, solving hard problems, and collaborating to generate new forms of value and economic returns for our users (we call them “members”, in fact). Working together, we want people to realise the true value of their data – and we're just getting started.
Delphia is a growing (37 people), multi-disciplinary team located in the heart of downtown Toronto and around major North American cities. We began in January 2018 and are graduates of Y Combinator and the Creative Destruction Lab. We’ve raised two rounds of funding and approximately $20 million to date.
REMOTE CANDIDATES WELCOME
Delphia is looking for a data engineer to own our blockchain data extraction and processing pipeline. We expect you to design, implement, and maintain mission-critical infrastructure to monitor our Ethereum smart contracts and keep our internal systems in sync.
- Ramp up on Ethereum, smart contracts, and the blockchain ecosystem as needed.
- Reliably extract and index data pertaining to our smart contracts.
- Build infrastructure to process and expose the data, in order to power internal and external APIs, reporting and analytics, etc.
- Communicate with stakeholders to operationalize existing or new processes, and satisfy their data needs.
- Collaborate with engineering and data science teams through clear documentation and code.
- Build observability around the various components to maximize reliability.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience using data tools and frameworks like Airflow, Spark, Flink, Hadoop, Presto, Hive, or Kafka;
- Experience with Python;
- A data-oriented mindset;
- Experience using SQL for data analysis and reporting;
- Know-how to build observable and reliable systems;
- Experience with container orchestration, especially Docker and Kubernetes.
- Proven experience or interest in blockchain technologies;
- Experience building API layers and microservices;
- Experience with cloud providers, especially Google Cloud Platform.
- Growth mindset
- Bias towards action
- Intellectually curious
- Willing to help
As a member of the Delphia team, you will enjoy a variety of perks and benefits such as:
Health Benefits :
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Benefits, plus a Health Spending Account
Flexible work hours with the ability to work from home when need be
Work From Anywhere Policy
Flexible Time-Off Policy
Employee Stock Options
Access to our Hedge Fund
Learning & Development :
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate by race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Delphia is committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Why you should join Delphia
Delphia is building the world's first investment strategy that anyone can improve with their data.
By sharing opinions about the world around you and connecting the activity data from whichever apps you choose to, Delphia is able to forecast the growth and profitability for thousands of companies simultaneously through a series of machine learning models. When Delphia's model disagrees with the market, we adjust the weights of our diversified equity portfolio to reflect the confidence we have in our predictions.