About the role
What we're looking for
We are looking for an awesome full-stack engineer who is ready to help build a fintech unicorn as engineering manager. someone who is: -Product minded -Can articulate a clear vision of how to build a product -Great to work with -Entrepreneurial -Ready to set a tech stack and organise Engineering teams.
We're seeking a talented individual who possesses infinite curiosity and can balance between speed of iteration and quality of code. You'll partner with our co-founder CPO to create groundbreaking technology. This is an incredible opportunity to make a meaningful impact on financial inclusion in Africa.
We follow good practices such as testing and code review while iterating fast based on user feedback. Speed of iteration is key for us and you’ll be working with a team that moves fast.
Djamo is a NeoBank for consumers in french speaking Africa where less than 25% of the population is banked, we are building seamless and affordable banking solutions to bring millions of people into financial inclusion. We just wrapped up YCombinator and need to hire.
We raised from top VC firms including Partech, Kima and Norskeen.
We launched 5 months ago in the Ivory Coast, the largest economy in our target region, we have more than 15,000 Active users, processing more than $3M on a monthly basis and growing 40% every month.
You will work on the foundations and have an outsized impact on the company. You will learn more than just on the technical side as you will be involved in key decisions on the business side as well.
- Build and guide our overall Engineering strategy
- Manage a team of +10 technologists. Provide regular feedback and support
- Work closely with the founding team in developing hyper-scalable software
- Proactively identify and anticipate problems and provide tangible solutions
- Balance speed and quality, with a focus on tangible results.
- Has 5+ years of experience writing high quality code in a programming language (e.g., Python, Ruby, Scala, Go, JS..)
- Enjoy thinking about systems - their life cycles, edge cases, interactions, and failure modes.
- Have a builder attitude - you love building cool things that matter!
- A team player and excellent communication skills
- Organized and self-sufficient
We’re offering Employee stock options plan and salary is negotiable. We prefer your location to be Abidjan but are remote friendly. We’ll offer a full-time role. We'll offer a healthcare plan depending on your country.
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at email@example.com or apply through Work at a a startup
- Include the role's title in your subject line.
- Send along your curriculum and links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.
Why you should join Djamo
Djamo is a neo Bank for consumers in french speaking Africa where less than 25% of the population is banked, we are building seamless and affordable banking solutions to bring millions of people into financial inclusion.