Software Engineer, Distributed Databases at DoorDash
About the role
About the Team The mission of the Database and Messaging team is to build and operate online stateful systems that are reliable, scalable, and easy to use for the rest of DoorDash engineering. The team is responsible for providing foundational infrastructure for all of the Core Storage, Caching, and Messaging use cases at DoorDash. We work on CockroachDB, Kafka, AWS Aurora, Cassandra, and AWS ElastiCache for now. We are bootstrapping some long term bets in all of these areas and looking for founding engineers.
The engineer would be responsible for one or more of the following
- Own and improve the scalability, reliability of our databases, caching, messaging infrastructure.
- Develop expertise and make Cockroach DB successful at DoorDash.
- Help build Automation and Tooling for Cassandra, Cockroach DB.
- Build data gateway service to act as an entry layer for all our data systems on cloud.
- Work with customers to provide easy-to-use client abstractions, define and own APIs we support for our database systems.
Why you should join DoorDash
DoorDash is a technology company that is building the next generation of local delivery. We operate a full stack delivery service: by partnering with merchants, hiring our own drivers, and building our own logistics software, we are able to control the entire delivery experience to make it more efficient for everyone.
Our team is looking to grow with talented people who want to build much more than just a food delivery company. We help small businesses grow, give underemployed people meaningful work, and offer affordable convenience to consumers.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, Charles River Ventures, Andreesen Horowitz, SV Angel, Y Combinator and many others.
We're looking to expand the founding team with talented people who are excited about our mission to empower local economies and build out the world's first real-time logistics company.
DoorDash is based in San Francisco, CA.