Software Engineer, Compute at DoorDash
About the role
Come help us build the world's most reliable, on-demand logistics engine for last-mile delivery! We're bringing on experienced engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
We’re looking to enhance and scale our Kubernetes platform, create cloud-native projects and improve site reliability and developer productivity.
Your responsibilities include
- Maintain and scale our Kubernetes infrastructure on AWS.
- Make our Kubernetes platform reliable.
- Build tools for to support engineering and operations teams.
- You are not just operate kubernetes, but also build tools and contribute to the open source ecosystem.
- Partner with development teams to ensure applications are scalable, reliable, and secure.
- Participate in our on-call rotation, responsible for Kubernetes clusters’ uptime.
- You will roll up the sleeves to troubleshoot incidents.
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience on developing and deploying cloud and on-prem infrastructures.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX/Linux and networking.
- Experience on deploying Kubernetes on cloud and on-prem infrastructures.
- Experience on monitoring Cloud Native ecosystem using tools like Prometheus and Grafana
- Knowledge in distributed systems, APIs, cloud computing and scalability.
- Experience programming in Go or C.
Nice To Haves
- Experience with large-scale Kubernetes deployments and development (e.g kops, kubeadm, minikube, kubicorn).
- Contributor to open source projects
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
Why you should join DoorDash
DoorDash is a technology company that is building the next generation of local delivery. We operate a full stack delivery service: by partnering with merchants, hiring our own drivers, and building our own logistics software, we are able to control the entire delivery experience to make it more efficient for everyone.
Our team is looking to grow with talented people who want to build much more than just a food delivery company. We help small businesses grow, give underemployed people meaningful work, and offer affordable convenience to consumers.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, Charles River Ventures, Andreesen Horowitz, SV Angel, Y Combinator and many others.
We're looking to expand the founding team with talented people who are excited about our mission to empower local economies and build out the world's first real-time logistics company.
DoorDash is based in San Francisco, CA.