Backend Engineer at DoorDash
About the role
What You’ll Achieve
- Develop, release and run large-scale web applications
- Develop and define the backend architecture and tech stack for a product area
- Improve performance, reliability, scalability and security for our backend systems
- Be involved in transitioning our monolithic codebase to a microservice-based architecture
- Completely disrupt logistics by tackling bleeding-edge, technical problems
- High-energy and confident - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Prior experience working with backend tech stacks
- Able to analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Experience with service orientated architecture, writing REST API’s, unit testing, and architectural design
- Understanding of modern web stacks and architecture (HTTP, REST)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases and other technologies (e.g. Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ)
Why you should join DoorDash
DoorDash is a technology company that is building the next generation of local delivery. We operate a full stack delivery service: by partnering with merchants, hiring our own drivers, and building our own logistics software, we are able to control the entire delivery experience to make it more efficient for everyone.
Our team is looking to grow with talented people who want to build much more than just a food delivery company. We help small businesses grow, give underemployed people meaningful work, and offer affordable convenience to consumers.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, Charles River Ventures, Andreesen Horowitz, SV Angel, Y Combinator and many others.
We're looking to expand the founding team with talented people who are excited about our mission to empower local economies and build out the world's first real-time logistics company.
DoorDash is based in San Francisco, CA.