Senior Software Engineer at Draftbit
About the role
In short, at Draftbit we're simplifying the hardest parts of mobile app development to allow builders everywhere to create rich, complex apps.
No more starting from scratch from a blank screen. No more lock-in with tools with limited self-hosted databases or no access to source code.
We empower people to build their app, their way. We do that by giving builders visual tools to streamline screen layout, navigation, and workflows alongside direct access to their app code so they can bring in the custom functions and components that make their apps unique. We give you building blocks, not templates.
We have spent the past few years creating a solid product foundation and getting early feedback from our beta users. We have support from investors who have backed companies like Figma, Twitter, and Twitch. While we still have much to prove, we're poised to grow and are looking for teammates to join us in taking that next leap together.
About The Position:
We're looking for an experienced engineer who can step in and quickly level up our small team. Because we're a seasoned team of builders, we know that we only succeed if we hire people who bring fresh thinking, diverse experiences, and a deep sense of mission. You must be someone who can make us and our products better.
Since we're a young, early-stage company, we also need you to be a generalist -- we all work on everything. We value self-management, execution over perfection, speed, and personal reliability.
You likely have several years of experience building software at startups or other high-growth companies, and your colleagues would describe you as:
- A mentor - you are the person your teammates go to for counsel on the most demanding technical challenges.
- A student - you are relentlessly curious and constantly introduce new technologies and concepts to your teams.
- A missionary - when you join a company, you do so because you're deeply connected to the mission and demonstrate that daily by acting like an owner.
- A stalwart - you are at your best in chaos, and others count on you to navigate the fluidity of an early company environment.
- A startup vet - you are not new to the experience of being part of a small team and company that is still navigating product-market fit.
- A customer empath - you are excited to engage directly with users and customers, learn more about their needs, and be responsive in solving their problems (including fixing bugs!)
- Mobile app-curious - you either have built mobile apps and loved the experience or are simply enthusiastic about mobile technologies and the use cases they unlock.
- Compensation is competitive for companies of our size and stage. As an early team member, we offer aggressive equity compensation.
- We're headquartered in Chicago but have a distributed team. U.S.-friendly hours are strongly preferred - we limit meetings, but we often work semi-synchronously, so it's essential to have some workday overlap.
- We pay for 100% of your medical, dental & vision insurance premiums and 50% for partners & dependents.
- We offer unlimited sick, personal, and vacation days.
- We provide stipends for remote team members to subsidize co-working desk rental or home office needs.
- We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply - we care about your abilities, not your pedigree.
Please apply here or on our job site
Why you should join Draftbit
Draftbit is a collaborative product development tool that lets you visually design, build, and iterate on on mobile apps. Our platform allows technical and non-technical teams to work together, and we output high quality source code and libraries. Learn more at https://draftbit.com
Backed by world-class investors (including Y Combinator), we have aggressive growth goals and are looking for a teammates to help us achieve our vision.