Senior Software Engineer I- Practice Team at DrChrono
About the role
We believe that diversity is the building block of a great culture and company! Great healthcare technology is meant for everyone, so we believe our company should be, too. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds and walks of life to apply!
Our mission is to build a technology platform that enables medical practices of all sizes to make care more informed, more personalized, more interactive, and more adaptable. Our platform has been used by thousands of physicians who in turn have provided care to millions of patients.
About DrChrono & our Product
✅ We serve tens of thousands of healthcare providers and over 27.7 million patients 🩺
✅ DrChrono was the first EHR to build a native app for the iPad and iPhone 📱
✅ First mobile and cloud-based ambulatory EHR / EMR to be an Apple Mobility Partner
✅ The youngest company to be included in the US Government Precision Medicine Initiative
✅ The #1 EHR as voted by doctors, and the #1 mobile EHR as voted by Black Book for the last 9 years! 🔥
✅ We were just awarded the MedTech Breakthrough Award 2021 for Best Electronic Health Record Service 🏆🎉
✅ 2021 DEVIES Award for Best Innovation in Healthcare 😎
✅ During Apple's recent worldwide developer conference, it was announced that DrChrono will be among the first to support iOS 15 feature allowing patients to share Apple Health App data with providers! 🤩
Our products can be completely tailored to any medical practice—small, large, or specialty—and are open to third-party innovation via a robust API.
Our people and the enthusiasm for healthcare is contagious. We’re one of the most tech-forward healthcare players in the EHR industry and our philosophy “more time with patients, less time doing paperwork” drives constant innovation throughout the company.
What you'll do:
- Create products & features that make it easier for doctors and their staff to run an efficient medical practice
- Continually offer thought-leadership and dependable execution ability in a high-paced environment characterized by ongoing iteration and product pushes
- Play a key role in product development, help shape direction of DrChrono feature set
- Take complex and thorny practices and processes and build beautifully simple and maintainable software
- Design & write software to help manage and automate the complexity of running a private medical practice
- Help build scalable programs that standardize information flow and increase operational capacity
- Be part of a close-knit engineering team that ships new code to make a meaningful impact in healthcare
- Implement automated and exploratory testing processes that provide continuous feedback on quality issues; find ways to break our web application before their public release
- Implement internal and public-facing pages on our website
- Mentor and train new engineers
- Full-stack development with a focus on API support for the activities of a medical practice’s staff such as: Scheduling/Calendar and Time Zones, Appointments, Messaging, Standards/Reporting
- Implement and maintain GraphQL and REST APIs and associated dashboards and services
- Mentorship of junior engineers
- Experience writing Production backend code in Python and Django
- Experience with Object-Oriented Databases
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of professional experience writing production backend code in Python and Django with Senior level engineering proficiency
- Experience building products for fast-growing web or mobile products with a passion for working with small nimble teams and a bias for action
- Strong CS fundamentals from a Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Passion or experience for emerging health technologies, EHRs, EMRs, or telehealth
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: You work well with others while leading individual projects to completion in a distributed environment. You take ownership of your work. Ability to manage conflicting project demands and thrive in a small start-up environment
- Passion for Scalability: You work as part of a team and care about building scalable and maintainable systems
- User-Centric: A product-first approach to building software. You care about the real-world functionality of your programming. Strong sense for UI and UX and the ability to work cross-departmentally with our Design and Account Management Teams to bring new concepts to live
Most recently, as DrChrono sought to support physicians and patients through the Covid-19 pandemic, the Engineering Organization successfully launched a Telehealth product in just weeks.
DrChrono Engineering plays a critical role in delivering innovative products from inception to mass adoption. You’ll be able to use your expertise and creative talents to build things while working closely with product, design, and other departments.
Our Engineering Organization supports the following areas of our platform:
Provider Team: Electronic Health Records are at the center of what every provider does on a daily basis and include items like clinical notes, prescriptions, and labs. Help write the code that medical providers use at the point of care. Innovative patient care anytime and anywhere on your iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch. Experience a mobile EHR that is sleeker, faster, and more convenient than a laptop.
Patient Team: You will work on the newest feature of our product that allows patients and providers to communicate remotely. You will also develop the code that allows patients to view their own information from the practices that they patronize. Here you will work on all of the technologies that connect those who need care to those that can provide it.
Payments Team: You will write the code that allows providers to be paid! All of our practices rely on the ability to use the software in order to get paid and thus this is a primary component of our product.
Practice Team: Providers cannot effectively help their patients if their practices are not managed correctly. We fix this. In this area, you will develop features that help the medical practice schedule appointments and communicate with the patients as well as manage their internal workflows
Platform Team: Underlying all of the components of the product is the platform itself. Here you’ll be working with cloud providers, system configuration, security, architecture, and middleware components that keep our product up and running.
Remote Work Statement We've moved forward with a remote-first approach. This means current and new DrChrono employees will always be allowed to work remotely, regardless if they were hired onsite or offsite pre-Covid19. We are committed to providing all employees with the necessary tools and support to perform their work from home without any disruption
Why you should join DrChrono
The essential platform for modern medical practices to make care more informed, more interactive, and more personalized.
Healthcare is a mess. Too many hospitals continue to use paper charts, or archaic, proprietary software. We're solving the problem using a platform, iPad, and an open APIs. If revolutionizing healthcare excites you, join our growing team and help us achieve our mission to build better software for doctors and patients, improving healthcare for all.
We are a Y Combinator funded company startup working fully remote.
Since our inception, we have attracted thousands of physicians, 24+ million patients,. We’ve booked millions patient appointments and processed billions dollars in medical billing per year. DrChrono is ranked by INC 500 as one of the fastest growing private companies in America. We are an official Apple Mobility Partner with our industry-leading EHR (Electronic Health Records) iPad app.
We have been to the White House to discuss how technology can solve healthcare problems as part of the Obama Administration’s Precision Medicine Initiative.
We are innovating the healthcare industry as a whole. Although you may not be physically working in a physicians office you are helping to improve the greater good and making it easier for doctors to spend more face time with their patients.