Full Stack Engineer at DroneBase
About the role
DroneBase is the leading intelligent aerial imaging company for high-value infrastructure, providing businesses with actionable, real-time insights through a single-source solution to recover revenue and reduce liability risk. Headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, DroneBase is the trusted, go-to data management platform for worldwide enterprise clients spanning industries such as renewable energy, insurance, telecommunications, construction, real estate, and critical infrastructure.
In this exciting opportunity, you will be working closely with the product team to deliver cutting edge tech solutions. With our backend serving four web applications, IOS & Android as well as our Partner’s API integrations, we have plenty to build as our platform evolves. You will be working on the front end features for each of our web applications, as well as the API that serves them all. You will be coding at every layer of the stack. From styling new features in the front end, to delivering the payload that serves the features, to managing heavy duty image processing tasks like pano-stitching / zip-building / ortho-stitching and more in the back end.
You must have a proven track record of success and excel in a fast-growing, technology-based startup culture while working autonomously. We offer a competitive salary with potential bonus based on experience and performance, and a generous equity stake for the right candidate. We provide a comprehensive medical, vision, & dental plan, unlimited paid time off, and a great team environment with room for advancement.
- Work closely with our product and design teams to build new features quickly and sustainably
- End to end support for our existing web applications
- Ensure our Infrastructure is running smoothly through monitoring and maintenance
- Support our Partners integrating their systems with our API
- Integrate with various third party tools such as google maps / Airmap / Checkr and several others
- Build and architect new microservices as we expand out platform
- Analyze and optimize UI and application code for efficiency and performance
- Expertise in Ruby on Rails (3+ years)
- Working experience with production databases (PostgreSQL or similar)
- Test Driven development
- Experience of efficiently collaborating with multidisciplinary teams
- Well-versed with scrum or other agile product development methodologies.
- Self-starter, multi-tasker, effective communicator, and motivator that brings out the best in people.
- Proven track record of delivering robust, on-time, quality solutions within project constraints.
- Driven to succeed: You go above and beyond. You make educated, logical decisions but also know there’s a time for trusting your intuition, vision, and heart.
- High level of interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence with the ability to work independently and as a team player while presenting a professional demeanor.
- React / Ember
- Experience with Background Jobs Tech (Sidekiq / Redis / SQS / ActiveMQ)
- AWS EC2/ECR/S3
- Elastic Search
- Ability to style features accurately against detailed wireframes
- Any ML/Computer Vision experience
- Experience with geospatial data
- Heroku / AWS Devops experience