Software Engineer, Backend
About the role
Dropbase turns CSV files into live databases and REST APIs.
At Dropbase, we are changing the way people move, process, and use data across organizations and within teams. The world's data is trapped offline through CSV and Excel files. We make this data more useful by bringing it online to databases.
Dropbase is backed by Y Combinator and other Silicon Valley investors.
As an early engineering recruit, you'll get a lot of autonomy, responsibility, and ownership. You will get challenging problems to solve with lots of context and guidance. We're an early stage startup and you'll be working directly with the founders, helping define vision, system architecture, and product. Join us to be part of the core engineering team we're building.
Who You Are
You take initiative and prioritize the work that adds the most value to the company. You work with urgency, have great focus, take ownership, and get things done. You are constantly learning, always improving.
You strive for excellence. You care deeply about building great products, our customers, and our company. You contribute to open source projects. You appreciate giving and receiving critical feedback because it helps teams grow. You communicate with clarity and high insight density. You constantly bring up new ideas and speak up when you believe things can be improved.
As a Backend Engineer, you will work with the founders, alongside full-stack and frontend engineers. You will develop highly-scalable and secure backend and infrastructure to allow Dropbase to handle a large number of user and data.
Besides working on the codebase and infrastructure, you will play a key role in product direction and setting up the right processes to help the product scale.
- Backend application development (Python, Serverless)
- Build features, design and implement APIs
- Planning, scaling, and deploying software on AWS and related cloud infrastructure
- Database development and administration
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve codebase
- You write clean, testable and maintainable code
- Proficient with Python
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with AWS/GCP/Azure
- Experience designing REST APIs
- Experience designing scalable systems
- Experience with Docker
- Ability to readily and quickly learn most technologies on-the-go
- Ability to thrive in an fast-paced environment with a high degree of autonomy
- Verbal and written English fluency
- Experience using Pandas, Numpy and Jupyter Notebook (or Colab)
- Experience with distributed systems, Kubernetes
- Experience with CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience with GraphQL, gRPC
- Experience with WebAssembly
- Experience with Go, Rust
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including physical and mental health, vision, dental, and other paramedical services
- $100/month spending account for well-being, self-growth, entertainment, and personal productivity software or subscriptions.
How to Apply
Click here to apply.
Why you should join Dropbase
Turn your CSV and Excel files to live databases and REST APIs, instantly.