UI/UX Designer at Duffl
About the role
What We're Building
We are tackling unique problems building the most compelling digital store — using data to source compelling products people want, leveraging software to effectively dispatch racers, and iterating on antiquated supply chain technologies to provide the best selection to our customers. We think every person's store should look and feel different. We want to build a truly personalized store, the TikTok of snacks. We also want to build the Facebook Ads of CPGs and the Shopify of dark stores. There are countless exciting solutions to build with Duffl Engineering. More than anything, we want to fulfill our promise of 10-minute deliveries and delight our customers and racers each and every day.
What you'll be doing
You will work closely with Product to design and iterate on the user experience of our core products for customers and employees. You will own the entire design process from start to finish — basic wireframing and prototypes, low fidelity mockups, to final high fidelity, pixel perfect mockups for Engineering to build. You will gather insights from customers and employees through in-person and/or online research to better understand the problems we're trying to solve and the outcomes we're looking for.
Why this is a great opportunity
- You'll be building innovative solutions to logistics problems unique to the last mile space, an up-and-coming industry
- You'll join a small yet growing team — your work will immediately have a high impact on the company
- We are on the cusp of hyper-growth, with goals to launch 50+ new markets within the next couple of years — hop onboard the rocket ship!
- Solve complex business problems by creating specific and end to end user flows, anticipating and adjusting for specific user behavior
- Understand and analyze behavior metrics including conversion rate, bounce rate, and funnels
- Gather insights from customers and employees through in-person and/or online research to better understand the problems we're trying to solve and the outcomes we're looking for
- Explore new design trends, themes, best practices, and patterns across various platforms and determine if and how they should be implemented into the Duffl experience
- Choose and define appropriate metrics that reflect the quality of the user experience, as well the impact of design changes
- An unmatched work ethic and willingness to get your hands dirty.
- A problem solver with an insatiable curiosity to find solutions to complex problems.
- An incredible collaborator and leader helping others deliver on their goals.
- Process- and detail-oriented.
- Tenacious, with a high tolerance for long days in the office.
- Excited about the opportunity to change how people experience the product.
- The ability and willingness to laugh at yourself.
- The highest level of integrity, authenticity, and credibility.
- 6+ years of industry experience in product design.
- Experience in applied user research, with a deep understanding of research methodologies.
- Compelling story storyteller backed by strong presentation (visual and written) skills.
- Experience working with a collaborative design process that focuses on fast, iterative design cycles.
- Working knowledge of quantitative, behavioral analysis and statistics.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, XD, After Effects), Figma / Sketch.
- Basic frontend development skills - enough to conceptualize and empathize with challenges faced by developers.
Why you should join Duffl
Duffl's mission is to empower students to better serve each other and the environment. We have built the world's fastest delivery service, offering an average of 10 minute deliveries for thousands of college students. We want to redefine the word "convenience" for our peers so that they can spend more time doing what they love, instead of walking to the store. As citizens of Earth, we are also committed to building the world's first net carbon neutral delivery service and accelerate the electrification of e-commerce.