Sr. Full Stack Developer at Duffl
About the role
What Defines Duffl Engineering
Engineering is a key component to Duffl's success, providing an intuitive, clean browsing and ordering experience for customers, a versatile interface for Dufflers to sustain daily operations from order fulfillment and inventory management to customer support, and a comprehensive tool to assist in managing each store, involving merchandising and placing supplier orders, scheduling, recruiting, and training.
What We're Building
We are tackling unique problems building the most compelling digital store — using data to source compelling products people want, leveraging software to effectively dispatch racers, and iterating on antiquated supply chain technologies to provide the best selection to our customers. We think every person's store should look and feel different. We want to build a truly personalized store, the TikTok of snacks. We also want to build the Facebook Ads of CPGs and the Shopify of dark stores. There are countless exciting solutions to build with Duffl Engineering. More than anything, we want to fulfill our promise of 10-minute deliveries and delight our customers and racers each and every day.
Why this is a great opportunity
- You'll be building innovative solutions to logistics problems unique to the last mile space, an up-and-coming industry
- You'll join a small yet growing team of engineers — your work will immediately have a high impact on the company
- We are on the cusp of hyper-growth, with goals to launch 50+ new markets within the next couple of years — hop onboard the rocketship!
- Preparing the API for hyper-growth — reevaluating infrastructure decisions and implementing test coverage
- Building initiatives for increased customer conversion, including but not limited to subscription models, referral / rewards programs, algorithmically suggested products
- Building tools for store operators to perform exceptionally (SKU placement and allocation optimization, SKU performance evaluation pipeline, order dispatch and routing, shift scheduling, data dashboards)
- An unmatched work ethic and willingness to get your hands dirty.
- A problem solver with an insatiable curiosity to find solutions to complex problems.
- An incredible collaborator and leader helping others deliver on their goals.
- Process- and detail-oriented.
- Tenacious, with a high tolerance for long days in the office.
- Excited about the opportunity to change how people experience the product.
- The ability and willingness to laugh at yourself.
- The highest level of integrity, authenticity, and credibility.
- 3+ years of experience in industry.
- Experienced in documentation, unit and integration testing.
- Experienced in building large-scale full stack applications.
- Experienced in object-oriented-programming principles.
Why you should join Duffl
Duffl's mission is to empower students to better serve each other and the environment. We have built the world's fastest delivery service, offering an average of 10 minute deliveries for thousands of college students. We want to redefine the word "convenience" for our peers so that they can spend more time doing what they love, instead of walking to the store. As citizens of Earth, we are also committed to building the world's first net carbon neutral delivery service and accelerate the electrification of e-commerce.