Have you always wanted to put your MBA or strategic business skills to use at a place where you’re truly making a difference? If you have a passion for education and teachers and a strong business background, we would love to hear from you.
As Strategy Lead at Edpuzzle, your primary responsibility would be to improve business metrics (i.e. retention, activation, engagement, conversion, etc.) by identifying problem areas through quantitative and qualitative data, defining experiment-based solutions, and collaborating with relevant stakeholders across the organization to implement both market-led and product-led growth strategies.
Who are we? Edpuzzle is a leading edtech company trusted by over 80% of schools in the USA and millions of teachers and students across the globe, with offices in San Francisco and Barcelona.
- Research : Assess the edtech landscape – competitors and industry trends – and create proactive strategies for how the Edpuzzle platform should grow.
- Analytics and data visualization : Analyze business metrics to understand growth trajectory, business performance, and usage. Analyze the current user journey through quantitative and qualitative means and identify areas to increase retention and conversion. Analyze user lifecycle, including the activation, retention dormancy, and resurrection phases.
- Strategy and planning : Set key strategic metrics across the SaaS business to move, identify the root causes, and set up experiments by collaborating with different stakeholders across the company.
- Experimentation and optimization : Lead and run experimentation with data-driven decision-making to increase the product’s value, user base, and lifetime value and to decrease churn.
- Retention and monetization: Increase engagement via use-case, frequency, intensity and feature adoption. Determine barriers in activation moments to increase retention over time. Build, lead, and run a systematic way to monetize year over year and increase conversion rate. Identify expansion and upsell opportunities and market threats.
- Strong collaboration : Work closely with stakeholders from different teams to define solutions and implement the business plans to grow. Partner across all business areas to ensure the teams are meeting defined strategic growth goals and key results.
- Program management : Manage many different projects simultaneously, understand project issues and remove blockers through clear communication with relevant stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Market and user research: You have the ability to search for, locate, extract, organize, evaluate, and use or present information to deeply understand the user’s behavior (pain points and motivations) and understand the market trends.
- Data analysis and insights: You are able to know what data to look for, build reports. You can inspect, clean, transform, and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions, supporting decision-making and persuading. You continuously collect and analyze data simultaneously and analyze for patterns in order to form insights.
- Problem Solving Skills: You are able to forecast future needs, brainstorm to find a creative solution for unexpected situations or complex business challenges that may arise in the day to day.
- Effective communication: You communicate and present ideas effectively in different contexts and to different audiences.
- Program management: You can manage programs in cross-functional teams, develop program evaluation protocols, overcome risks, adhere to deadlines with clearly defined tasks and implement deliverables.
- Systems Thinking: You are able to connect the dots and form an informed view. You have the ability to detect arrangements of similarities and differences in characteristics or data that yield information about a given system or problem and see how they all relate.
- Stakeholder management : You can appropriately set and manage the right expectations with relevant stakeholders through influence and effective communication.
- Business acumen: You understand the tenets of a business, business issues, and how to run and manage a business. You have the keenness and quickness in dealing with a business situation, be they risks or opportunities, in a way that is likely to lead to a good outcome.
- Strategic thinking : You create a strategic direction with an impact on the achievement of growth objectives for the organization. You can generate and apply unique business insights and opportunities intended to create competitive advantage for the organization.
- Critical and Analytical Thinking : You set an intentional and rational thought process that focuses on the analysis of factors in order to tackle issues and form a judgment by evaluating information.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of professional experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Management Consulting, Tech Industry, Business Strategy, Product Strategy, Product/Program Management, Growth Product Management, Corporate Strategy, and/or hold a Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Travel requirements: Maybe once a year
About remote positions:
Work remotely from the comfort of your own home or chosen workspace
Receive guidance from your manager & ask all the questions you need
Meet with your manager on a weekly basis to review status & brainstorm new projects to accomplish goals
Set daily tasks with your manager initially, over time becoming more autonomous & proactive in proposing new ideas to reach goals
Hiring for remote work in these states : Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia & Washington
- Competitive salary at $110,000 - $130,000
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible PTO
- 14 paid holidays
- MacBook Air, monitor, and flexible work-from-home setup
- Incredible opportunity to grow, learn & build lifetime bonds with other passionate people
Edpuzzle is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Edpuzzle makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to hearing from you!