Senior Front-end Engineer
About the role
re you mission driven, looking for an exciting opportunity that brings meaning and value beyond "the work"? Help us build Elemeno's platform to give front-line healthcare providers the knowledge they need to provide consistent care AND save lives.
This is an opportunity to be a primary contributor in the development of our web application front-ends. In this role, you will build out web applications using modern web technologies, coordinate with back-end engineers to deploy features to our customers, work with our Product and Client teams to identify new functionality, and make key decisions about our front-end architecture.
What you will do:
- build React-based web applications using modern React concepts (functional components and hooks)
- write automated tests to support our CI/CD pipeline
- coordinate with, or develop, back-end GraphQL API changes to support front-end functionality
- lead the decisions-making process when making architecture/package choices
- work with the rest of the product and engineering teams to map out future features and enhancements
- occasionally meet with the client success and content teams to identify potential improvements in our applications
What we're built in:
- Our front-end stack consists of React (CRA), GraphQL, webpack, babel, and Semantic UI.
- Our test and build processes also utilize Karma, Jest, ESLint, Prettier, and Storybook.
- Our back-end runs on node.js, AWS Lambda, Node, Dynamo DB and S3.
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years of professional experience building SPAs in a modern framework, primarily in React.
- Extensive knowledge of modern web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, ES6)
- Experience shipping a web application from scratch
- Implemented accessibility and cross-browser compatibility best practices
- Experience improving UX through an iterative process, UX/design experience would be beneficial.
- Some experience in AngularJS would be a bonus, as we complete our transition to React.
- Ideally, some full-stack / back-end experience with AWS, serverless functions, NoSQL databases.
Why you should join Elemeno Health
Medical errors are the #3 leading cause of death in the US. They also cause massive inefficiency and waste.
Elemeno Health is on a mission to reduce errors through our innovative approach to frontline training and support. With everyone on the same page, the result is higher quality and safety, at a lower cost. We do this by engaging frontline teams (nurses, therapists, and docs) and ensuring that essential resources are actionable and available 24/7 on any device.
That’s where you come in. We are looking for the right people to help us achieve our mission. Our Clients Services teams has gained deep insight into our customer needs, and we are ready to scale.
We are a UCSF startup backed by Y Combinator (Summer ‘16), with clients across the US. While tackling one of the biggest problems in healthcare is a challenge, we have proof that our solution works: we have multiple peer-reviewed medical publications and abstracts; we have presented at several conferences on medical quality and digital health nationally; and our clients are extending and expanding their contracts while telling their colleagues about us.