✨ 📱 😀 iOS Engineer at Embrace
About the role
Our world is mobile — the phones in our pockets, our 10+ IoT devices at home, the cars we drive, the way we conduct our work, and the point-of-sale devices from which we buy our coffee and donuts. Embrace is on a mission to make all of our edge experiences exceptional by helping revolutionary companies evolve and excel in this mobile-world that did not exist even 7 years ago. Customers, like Goat, Hilton, Masterclass, Home Depot, and Cameo, love Embrace’s mobile observability and data platform because it makes extremely complicated and voluminous data actionable.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced iOS engineer who is ready to tackle the complex problems and cool products introduced by Apple. You will create cutting edge technology that improves the lives of other developers by gathering and processing tens of billions of data points daily from 100M+ devices. If you’re excited to tackle complex problems by building world-class solutions, with the best technologies and even better people, we should chat.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate, design, and implement the overall architecture of our iOS SDK
- Adopt the latest iOS APIs, languages, and features
- Coach and collaborate directly with our amazing customers
- Work with product, Customer Success, and sales to share technology and product decisions
- Implement and improve engineering best practices for a rapidly growing code base that is relied upon by the world’s top mobile companies
- 2+ years of experience with Objective-C or Swift
- Experience with unit testing and functional testing methodologies
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- A curiosity for how things work and the ability to think ahead for future changes in an ever-changing mobile ecosystem
- High competency and low ego, you have a passion for helping people both inside and outside of your company
- Experience with non-native frameworks such as React Native and Flutter
- Contributions to open source projects
- An opinion on Star Wars vs Star Trek
- Ownership : Growth is achievable only by empowering with ownership
- Perspective : We seek to understand your perspective
- Honesty : Brutal honesty delivered kindly
- Simplest : Simplest solutions are identified by focusing on outcomes
- Investing : Meaningful insights are formed by investing time
Why join Embrace?
Embrace is growing and recently raised a Series B backed by YCombinator, NEA, Greycroft, and the founders of Testflight, Parse, and PagerDuty. The repeat founding team also started Scopely, a $3B+ unicorn mobile startup. Enterprises, revolutionaries, and vendors rely on the Embrace Data Platform to capture 100% of user-behavioral and technical time-based session data rather than relying on sampling. The engineering, data science, UX, and product teams at NYTimes, Hyatt, OkCupid, and Owlet are driving their businesses with Embrace.
Why you should join Embrace
📲 Mobile is here whether on our phones in front of the TV, using Zoom on the go, submitting invoices in a work app, or buying products on an iPad point-of-sale system (ex. Toast and Snackpass!) Embrace is right there and focused on only helping mobile teams make your user experiences (and their own lives) the best.
We are the only data, observability, and resolution platform built for mobile. Mobile apps, like Wish, Cameo, OkCupid, Home Depot and Goat, rely on Embrace to proactively find, reproduce and instantly fix all types of errors.
Our team are experts from Scopely, Niantic, Apple, Marco Polo, Upsight and more. Come join us!