🕵️ 🛠️ 🦮 QA Engineer at Embrace
About the role
Our world is mobile — the phones in our pockets, our 10+ IoT devices at home, the cars we drive, the way we conduct our work, and the point-of-sale devices from which we buy our coffee and donuts. Embrace is on a mission to make all of our edge experiences exceptional by helping revolutionary companies evolve and excel in this mobile-world that did not exist even 7 years ago. Customers, like Goat, Hilton, Masterclass, Home Depot, and Cameo, love Embrace’s mobile observability and data platform because it makes extremely complicated and voluminous data actionable.
About the Role
We’re looking for a passionate QA Engineer who loves to proactively discover improvements and own the quality of product experiences. You’ll refine requirements, validate new features, perform exploratory testing, and work closely with our talented engineering team. If you’re excited to help build world-class solutions, with the best technologies and even better people, we want to meet you.
What You’ll Do
- Identify technical issues and provide clear instructions to reproduce the problems or drive new product specifications
- Design and implement test strategies to improve efficiency in manual testing
- Ensure that new features meet acceptance criteria and quality standards
- Familiarity with browser-based development tools
- Experience with reporting and investigating bugs for complex features
- Experience running queries in SQL, digging into what’s happening on the data level
- Working knowledge of Linux and/or Mac OS X command line
- A curiosity for how things work and the ability to think ahead for future changes in an ever-changing mobile ecosystem
- High competency and low ego, you have a passion for helping people both inside and outside of your company
- Ownership : Growth is achievable only by empowering with ownership
- Perspective : We seek to understand your perspective
- Honesty : Brutal honesty delivered kindly
- Simplest : Simplest solutions are identified by focusing on outcomes
- Investing : Meaningful insights are formed by investing time
Why join Embrace?
Embrace is growing and recently raised a Series B backed by YCombinator, NEA, Greycroft, and the founders of Testflight, Parse, and PagerDuty. The repeat founding team also started Scopely, a $3B+ unicorn mobile startup. Enterprises, revolutionaries, and vendors rely on the Embrace Data Platform to capture 100% of user-behavioral and technical time-based session data rather than relying on sampling. The engineering, data science, UX, and product teams at NYTimes, Hyatt, OkCupid, and Owlet are driving their businesses with Embrace.
Why you should join Embrace
📲 Mobile is here whether on our phones in front of the TV, using Zoom on the go, submitting invoices in a work app, or buying products on an iPad point-of-sale system (ex. Toast and Snackpass!) Embrace is right there and focused on only helping mobile teams make your user experiences (and their own lives) the best.
We are the only data, observability, and resolution platform built for mobile. Mobile apps, like Wish, Cameo, OkCupid, Home Depot and Goat, rely on Embrace to proactively find, reproduce and instantly fix all types of errors.
Our team are experts from Scopely, Niantic, Apple, Marco Polo, Upsight and more. Come join us!