✍️ 🚀💡 Technical Writer at Embrace
About the role
Our world is mobile — the phones in our pockets, our 10+ IoT devices at home, the cars we drive, the way we conduct our work, and the point-of-sale devices from which we buy our coffee and donuts. Embrace is on a mission to make all of our edge experiences exceptional by helping revolutionary companies evolve and excel in this mobile-world that did not exist even 7 years ago. Customers, like Goat, Hilton, Masterclass, Home Depot, and Cameo, love Embrace’s mobile observability and data platform because it makes extremely complicated and voluminous data actionable.
About the Role
We’re looking for a savvy, forward thinking technical writer who can make what engineering builds into a customer’s reality. You will own all technical documentation and implementing an efficient rollout process for new docs. You'd be a great fit if you enjoy learning about tech and creating actionable documentation that drives awareness.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with our engineering teams to create public user documentation to support the Embrace integration life cycle
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, and designers to write and edit documentation for new features
- Direct discuss and test documentation with our awesome customers
- Contribute across *all* customer-facing products; including the Embrace dashboard, our Slack community, self-serve flows, documentation, git repos, and more
- 2+ years technical writing experience or a degree in the software or related industry
- Basic understanding of APIs, SDKs, and other tools that help developers communicate with and connect to each other
- Conversational in Markdown and/or HTML, Git, GitHub, and workflows based in version control tools
- Enjoy self driven exploration and education on new technologies and languages
- Ability to respond effectively to multiple simultaneous requests and priorities across teams and customers
- A creative bent to imbue personality, branding, and some levity into writing
- Enjoyment of technical focused hobbies or projects
- Ability to geek out by talking Marvel, Star Wars, and/or board games
- Ownership : Growth is achievable only by empowering with ownership
- Perspective : We seek to understand your perspective
- Honesty : Brutal honesty delivered kindly
- Simplest : Simplest solutions are identified by focusing on outcomes
- Investing : Meaningful insights are formed by investing time
Why join Embrace?
Embrace is growing and recently raised a Series B backed by YCombinator, NEA, Greycroft, and the founders of Testflight, Parse, and PagerDuty. The repeat founding team also started Scopely, a $3B+ unicorn mobile startup. Enterprises, revolutionaries, and vendors rely on the Embrace Data Platform to capture 100% of user-behavioral and technical time-based session data rather than relying on sampling. The engineering, data science, UX, and product teams at NYTimes, Hyatt, OkCupid, and Owlet are driving their businesses with Embrace.
Why you should join Embrace
📲 Mobile is here whether on our phones in front of the TV, using Zoom on the go, submitting invoices in a work app, or buying products on an iPad point-of-sale system (ex. Toast and Snackpass!) Embrace is right there and focused on only helping mobile teams make your user experiences (and their own lives) the best.
We are the only data, observability, and resolution platform built for mobile. Mobile apps, like Wish, Cameo, OkCupid, Home Depot and Goat, rely on Embrace to proactively find, reproduce and instantly fix all types of errors.
Our team are experts from Scopely, Niantic, Apple, Marco Polo, Upsight and more. Come join us!